3.4 | step 1 |

Sleep seems to have evaded me recently; despite Kinley now sleeping through the night mostly, I can't seem to now. And Embry has divided his shifts up, so he's here most of the night to help yet I'm always up so it doesn't matter. I think everything's just catching up to me, the main thing being that there's been nothing on the Abigail front. Charlie says they're pulling resources - he was so apologetic but Embry went mental. I understand why Charlie has to do it, however it's just nerve racking that she's still... free. I have managed to fall asleep at the moment, but I'm plagued by nightmares whenever I do.

I wake with a smile and roll over, expecting to see Embry laid with Kinley as he sometimes does; my stomach drops when I see who's there. "Hi love." His chilling voice says as he smirks, he's long red hair spiked sort of.

I back up. "Dean..."

"How did you sleep?" He says as his hand runs along my thigh. "Me and Abigail hope you didn't sleep good. Where's the fun in that?"

"What-"

Abigail walks in with Kinley in her arms as she grins. "Good morning. Me and my sweet Kinley have been waiting for you to wake." She says as I lunge to get my baby - is this bitch serious?!

She's gone, now laid in bed with Dean. "Shh, you'll wake our angel." He says as he kisses Kinley on the head.

I feel physically sick. "Give me my baby!" I scream, moving towards the bed but at the same time not moving at all, constantly walking in the same spot.

"Your baby? Sweetie, she's ours. You never existed." Abigail smirks. "We killed you a long time ago."

I scream loudly, as everything goes black...

I sit up fast with a gasp, grabbing my chest as my heart lurches in my chest. I quickly look at the sleep basket beside me and see it's empty, my heart picking up more if that's even possible. I feel the bed is empty beside me and I panic, jumping up and running downstairs. I relax a little when I reach the livingroom, finding Embry and Kinley laid on the floor together.

She's half laid on her side, giggling at her dad as he pulls faces. "Come on, kid, roll over!" He coos in a baby voice.

She kicks her legs and just watches him, a smile creeping onto my lips as I watch; without even intending to she rolls over, lifting her head and gazing out the window as Embry cheers loudly. "YES YOU DID IT, YES!"

"Okay, don't scare her to death." I tease gently as I walk over to them.

Embry smiles and sits up, pulling me into his lap. "Dude, did you see that? You saw that right!?" He points to her. "Where's your phone, where's the baby book!"

I roll my eyes and pick Kin up, setting her back against my chest while shaking a rattle to keep her entertained. "Sorry to say babe but she rolled over 2 days ago."

Embry looks at me with narrowed eyes. "Huh, did she now."

I giggle and kiss his head. "Yes grumpy butt. You wanna take her for a bath?"

"Yes I will now." He grumbles and stands making me stand. He sulks to the bathroom just as Jacob comes in.

"There's my goddaughter!" He smirks and takes her, holding her above him. "Hi cutie pie." He coos as she shrieks.