3.12 | fatal |

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year have all passed; my sweet girl turned one and I've begun to feel 'broody'. In other words? I want another baby. Not necessarily be pregnant again, but I want another child. I haven't quite broached the subject with Embry yet, in fact I've kept it to myself and buried it deep deep down.

Do I really want another Kid? Or am I just feeling sad my baby is growing so fast? If we have another baby, will it be biological? Will we adopt or foster? There's too much to discuss to have a baby any time soon, anyway. Too much to deal with.

I lay Kinley down for her nap, tucking her into her big girl bed; most people would judge me for letting my one year old sleep in a bed, but she climbs out of her crib and barely slept in there, now she sleeps all night and knows not to leave without mine or Embrys help.

For some reason I find myself in the bathroom, pondering over where the ovulation tests are. Why? I don't know. As I dig through my junk drawer I come across a pregnancy test - the other one from the test I did with the first pregnancy. Maybe...

I don't know what draws me to do so, but I take the test. It'll be negative so it doesn't matter, but I'm just curious. I set it aside as I clean up the bathroom, forgetting about it for a while as I begin to clean the house. I eventually make my way back to the bathroom and glance at the test.

"Shit!" I gasp as I see it flash positive. "SHIT!"

"Babe?" Embry calls as he comes back in. "Everything okay?" He's right outside.

I laugh nervously. "Would you uh would you believe me if I said I stubbed my toe?"

"Not a chance - your heart is racing more than just with pain." He tries the door and I push myself against it.

"Wait wait give me a moment." I say as I grip the test.

"Aubs you got me worried here." His voice sounds concerned and I crumble. I throw the door open and hold the test up, his eyes moving down. He squints a little before his face drops. "Oh... OH SHIT!"

"EXACTLY!"

"Fuck. How!?"

"Oh I don't know, how did we make the first one?" I snap. I'm sort of happy, but I don't know how he feels - his face just kinda looks pale.

"Were having another baby..." he whispers.

I burst, squealing as I throw myself at him and he catches me; he spins me around and yells it louder, making me laugh. "Yes we are!!!!"

He kisses me hard, repeatedly, as I can't help but grin. "Thank you thank you thank you." He whispers.

I hug him close. "For what?" I blush.

"You hated the last pregnancy but you're willing to do it all over again."

I shrug small. "Well it wasn't exactly planned.... but I'm so happy it happened. I'm just thankful you changed your mind about having our own kids." I play with the tuft of hair at the base of his neck.

"What's the harm in it? It scares me... the thought of them phasing, but if it happens? I'll be there for them - so will their pack." He smiles gently.

I kiss his jaw. "My angel. You sacrificed so much for me."

"Hardly." He kisses my head. "Now hide this-" he points to the test, "- and wipe that smile because I want this to be our perfect secret for as long as we can."

I giggle small and kiss him before going into the bathroom; I bury the test and sort myself out before going to the kitchen, which has now been occupied by a pack of forever teenage boys. "No no, it's fine, don't wipe your feet off. I didn't mop or clean this morning." I wave at them for a dramatic effect.