3.8 | mother |

Edward, Jasper and Jacob have swept the house and removed any trace of a bug or some way of listening in. They've added a security system and promised that someone will always be patrolling and that Alice will watch as best as she can. I feel bad, but at the same time relieved they'll be within hearing distance.

Kinley sits playing on her playmat as I tidy up a little, the boys having ransacked my house pretty thoroughly. As I pack some documents into the drawer of a dresser, I come across three letters - letters from Amelia. I sit on the floor for a moment before I grab my phone in my good hand, calling Pipper.

"Hey you!" She says instantly.

I smile small. "Hey, how was London?"

"Amazing, Millie loved it too. Shame your dad decided to go back to work. What's up?" I can tell she's in a good mood and I feel bad for ruining it.

I sigh and look at the letters. "When dad was in his coma and Bailey was in surgery my birth mom came and spoke to me. She left me with some letters, one for me, one for the twins and one for dad... what do I do with them?"

Pip stays silent for a moment. "You kept them for almost 2 years?"

"I know I'm horrible..." I whisper. What if she said something important and I never read it?

Pipper takes a deep breath. "You need to give them over. The boys and your dad may be mad but they'll understand why you kept them..."

"Will you bring them over later?" I say softly as I watch Kinley pull herself up on the couch. I smile a little. "Kinny can show you her new trick."

Pipper giggles small. "Of course sweetheart. I'll see you later, don't feel too bad about the letters okay?"

I smile small. "I'll try. Love you."

As I put the phone down I force a smile as Kinley walks along the couch, using it as support. "Look at you! Smile for daddy!" I say as I film. She giggles cheekily and waves, sticking her tongue out after. I giggle, silently saying a thankful prayer that I have this sweet bundle when I feel as low as I have recently.

 I giggle, silently saying a thankful prayer that I have this sweet bundle when I feel as low as I have recently

"Mamamama." She babbles as she grips my knees.

I rest my chin on my good hand and watch her. "Yes baby girl, hi."

She bends over and grabs a building block, handing it to me. I smile and turn it over, revealing a red love heart. How... bizarre. May be it's a sign, a sign that the boys won't be mad and they'll forgive me coz they love me. They were barely 17 at the time, I thought it was the best thing to do.

"I think it's nap time." I laugh as Kinley rubs her eyes. She shakes her head in protest but as soon as she has her binky and bottle, she's almost asleep on me. I stroke up and down her back and stare at the letter addressed to me. I take a deep breath and open it slowly.

'Dear buggy.'

Buggy? That's what Embry and I call Kinley most of the time - I never knew she called me that. I smile as I vaguely remember her letting me play dress up, and how I used to help her with the twins. And as I sit and think about it, I remember a time when she did lose a lot of weight, how she became a ghost of the woman I knew.