2.10 ○▪Dresses

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

Human
by Christina Perri

➳ ➳ ➳

I hold my cardigan around me as I sit with my feet on the edge of dad's bed. "You're being lazy now dad." I whisper as I look at him. "Time to wake up. It's been almost 3 weeks..." I sigh.

I talk to him, everyday.

I beg him, everyday.

Just please wake up; that's all I want.

It's all I need.

I look over as Pipper comes in with two coffees, holding one out to me. "Did you take your painkillers today?" She asks softly as she sits opposite me.

I nod and take it. "Why are you dressed so nice...?" I raise an eyebrow as I sip the coffee.

?" I raise an eyebrow as I sip the coffee

"Because. We're going out somewhere."

I glare a little. "And leave dad? No. How can I go anywhere while he's laid up here?"

"Because he wouldn't want you to stop living. We're going dress shopping, you're going to have fun just for the afternoon and you're going to let go of all the stress you've been under these last few weeks." Pipper squeezes my hand.

I look at dad. "I don't want to choose one... what if he doesn't like it?"

"He'll love any thing you choose." She laughs gently and looks at dad. "He'll be there in spirit. Okay?"

I take a deep breath and nod. "Okay. Let me go change." I whisper.

I drag myself to my room and change into some jeans instead of joggers, the first time I've worn anything but pyjamas or joggers. I brush my hair and look up as the door knocks. "Yeah?" I call softly.

Carlisle comes in and smiles. "I'm glad to see you agreed to go. May I talk with you for a moment?"

I nod and sit on the edge of the bed beside where he sits. "Of course."

He smiles and takes my hand, looking over at me. "So I know your dad's obviously not able to be there for you right now... so I want to pay for your dress. Me and Esme think you deserve only the best and we know that you maybe can't afford that right now."

I tear and look up at him. "I can't accept-"

"Please. We consider you family and family helps family out. You're one of us, Aubree, and you deserve the best." He says softly.

I wrap my arms tightly around him as I let out a little cry. "Thank you, so so much!"

He chuckles and holds me close. "You're welcome sweetheart. Go have fun, I'll be with your dad and the boys all day."