The Wide-Awake Princess (Of Sarcastic Violence)

Maira doesn't move an inch, staring in shock at the red light on her bag. "How did this get on me?" she demands through her teeth. 

Hans Jr. just smiles greasily. "Just a lucky toss." He tells her, digging his sword into my throat. 

Endora looks scared for the first time. "Let them go, Hans." she commands.

"Why? You send a few sparkles my way?" He chuckles. "I'm not scared of some girl who decides to get revenge soley because Uma slipped it in her mind."

Said Shrimp glares at Hans Jr. "I wouldn't make fun yet, Dung boy. That wand is capable of more than you know. So is Fairy Godmother's."

He glares at FG and then Endora. "Either of you try something, this ship blows to pieces."

Endora's grip on her wand tightens. FG looks hesitant to try something just yet. Carlos shuffles on the deck of the boat, somehow still looking nervous as a ten-foot monster. Although I guess having Ares' arms wrapped around your neck helps.

(And I take that back. Carlos could never be a monster. Just an extra-large puppy. With fangs. And claws.)

I try to breathe out, but Hans Jr. just digs his sword in more. "Don't think I'm giving any chance for you to get out of this, Ice Queen. I let you go twice, I'm not making that mistake again!"

"Let me go?" I demand. "I kicked your---" he presses in further and I squeak. "---butt."

He laughs, an inch from my face. "A fact I'll fix before today's over."

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Endora's eye color warping in the air, like heat waves do sometimes. The green seems to glow ever so slightly, along with the tip of her wand. 

Please keep monologuing. I pray.

Thankfully, this is this is the child of Hans of the Southern Isles we're talking about. Being self-centered and talkative is his forte.

"My dad never thought you'd come back here in a million years. Any of you. 'cept maybe you, Dori." He eases back on my throat, just enough so he's not cutting me. "But Arson...Oh hey, Ar, is Sera up yet?"

Arson growls and starts to charge, but Hans' sword is away from my throat and at Arson's in a second. My hand jumps up to massage the bleeding area, and Hans uses his free hand to grab my wrist and twist it behind me, so that I'm no longer facing everybody else. Perfect.

"Uma's original plan to get off the Isle was brilliant." Hans says. "But it failed. So we have a new plan." He twists my arm further, my shoulder making a popping sound. "This little girl has her uses, and she came right to us."

I groan, fighting the black fog in my vision. "Did you just call me a little girl?"

"Uh, you scream like a five-year-old, Hans." I hear Carlos argue. 

I grin. "Thanks."

"Any---" He squeaks. "---time."

I hear Ares sigh. "Enough of this. Slit the girl's throat and be done with it! We delay this any longer, and she'll weasel her way out like her infernal mother always did."

"Our friends normally have un-slitted throats, thank you." Mahina puts in. I realize this is the first she's said since we got here. Why has she been keeping quiet?

"That's what they always say." Hans Jr laughs. I hear his sword slice around, obviously away from Arson now, and then Hans Jr pulls me in front again. Arson is on the ground, with three long scarlet cuts on his stomach.

"Arson!" I yelp, my reflexes taking over. I bring my foot up and kick backward, smashing my heel against Hans Jr.'s thigh. He yells and shoves me away. I barely avoid falling on my face, coming up with my hands alight, dancing with my mom's side of my powers. I snap my fingers and Hans' finger freezes in place, inches from the button that would activate the explosive on Maira. 

Maira sighs with relief and pries the beeping red gadget off her bag. Staring at it with distaste, she throws an awesome long pitch out into the ocean. A small explosion erupts, waves cresting just barely over the edge of the boat. 

Maira grins. "Ah, a job well done. Now..." We all turn to Ares, who's staring at me with more hate than I've ever seen on any sane person.

He doesn't let go of Carlos. "You think you've won, girl?" He hisses at me.

"Why does everybody target me?" I complain. 

"Because you've got the powers of the freaking god of death, and the---basically---goddess of snow!" Maira snaps. 

"My mom's not a goddess."

"No, but everyone knows that those powers originated from Khione." Maira says. "Duh."

I vaguely remember Ares mentioning that. "Okay, fair enough. I am pretty awesome."

"Man, Sera wore off on you." Maira complains. "Even though I only knew her for like a week."

Carlos' eyes bulge as Ares tightens his grip. "Shut up, you two! Now get down on the ground and stay there, or I'll snap your boyfriend's neck!"

I stop laughing. I really need to learn to pay attention to people when they're threatening to kill someone. 

FG fidgets nervously. Endora shows no emotions, but her eyes and wand are still warping. 

"DO IT NOW!" Ares warns, taking one hand from around Carlos' neck to snap his fingers. Fire blazes from his hand, melting all the pirates, including Hans Jr. Carlos' face starts turning purple, so I silently let my hands go out and start kneeling down. Pirates pull my arms behind me, luckily no gloves though. FG follows next, one of the pirates grabbing her wand. Mahina kneels quietly, not even fighting when one of the pirates grabs her arms and pins them behind her. Maira goes down too, grabbing Arson's wrist before one of the pirates grabs her. 

Only Endora is left standing. Her eyes stop warping, and she smirks. She snaps her fingers and her wand disappears in a poof. Then she kneels down next to me. 

Help is on the way. Her voice whispers in my mind. 

I barely contain my flinch. What do you mean? I think back. Her voice doesn't respond, she just shakes back her honey gold hair and puts her hands behind her back before the pirates can. 

Ares looks a bit uncomfortable at her easy surrender, but he pushes Carlos away and pirates pile on top of him. I wince as he chokes. 

"Aw... Y'all didn't have to kneel." says a familiar voice behind me. I turn and my heart stops in my throat. "I guess this is how Ben must feel." The newcomer scrunches her nose up. "It's weird. Don't do it again, I say."

Then they put both hands up in the air, and slam them down on the deck. A ring of fire explodes from their palms, knocking everyone but our small group off of the boat.

Sera straightens up. "That's right. The jaw drops are needed. I'm back!"

_________________________________

Okay... DEEP breath.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Need I say anything else? 

Hope everybody enjoyed! Please comment and vote and stuff! 

("And stuff".... I'm tired. Don't judge.)

XD

One thing, though: Who has heard "Born Ready" By Dove Cameron??? AMAZING, RIGHT??? 

And "Rumors" By Sofia Carson and R3HAB!!!!! AAAH!!!! I'M SO ADDICTED!!!!!

Okay. Bye!