Maira The Brave---Plus A Bonus Dad!

(Picture above is Merida's kid... Just so you know.)

"Ellie! Hey! Ellie! It worked!" I hear. 

I sit up fast, my head complaining with the sudden movement. "Ugh. It worked?" I ask.

Sera, Aunt Anna, Mahina, Carlos, and Kalia all nod. "It's been a few hours, but yeah." Carlos says, looking happy. 

Kalia, however, looks a bit uncomfortable. "It worked... but with side effects."

"Side effects?" I ask, groaning. 

Kalia nods. "Um, try and use your powers. Not the ice ones."

"Not the... you mean...?"

She and Mahina nod. 

I stand up shakily and search inside myself like I normally do for my mom's powers. To my ultimate surprise, a warm, dark feeling has joined the bright cold one inside me. I try to grab at it like my icy powers, and it responds faster than normal. 

Praying this works the way I want, I thrust my hand out and a spiral of black mist-like substance shoots from my palm, hitting a spot on the beach we're on and shriveling it to black dust. For a moment, everyone stares. 

Then they erupt into a jumble of applause, shouts, and cheers. I notice Carlos is hugging me, which I'm sure Sera will tease him about later, and that Mahina and Kalia are talking to each other very fast. 

"Hey! Guys! As happy as I am, too..." I shrug everybody off me smiling. "We still have to try to get back to Auradon, remember?"

"First Scotland!" Sera says. "I seriously think Merida can help. And Fergus."

"We will come, too." Kalia volunteers. "We can take a ship."

"How many?" Sera asks.

"Just me and my sister." Mahina says, laughing. "Nobody else wanted to come."

"Seriously?" Carlos asks. 

"Yeah. They think if they leave Shrimpette alone she'll leave us alone." Kalia says. Sera snorts so badly she doubles over. 

"S-sh-shrimp-p-pette??" she gasps. She slaps her knee in laughter, cackling until I kick her shin and she straightens up, fighting a grin. 

Kalia and Mahina both smile. "You still need a boat, correct? Well, we can supply one." The gesture towards a huge boat, complete with a sail with the swirl on it, sitting in the ocean. 

"It will take us to where you want to go." Kalia assures us. "It's safe, and the Ocean and Wind will help us!"

"Uh, you're sure about this?" Sera says, looking warily at the teal waves. I keep forgetting about her hatred of swimming. 

I loop my arm through hers and smile at her. "Aw, loosen up! We'll be fine, don't worry."

"You seem pretty happy for a person who just came pretty close to drowning," Sera grumbles. But she tosses her black-and-red hair out of her face and struts towards the boat. Kalia and Mahina follow her, but Carlos pulls me back when I start too. 

"Hey, are you really okay?" He asks. 

"I'm fine. I promise." I say, adding a smile to try and convince him. He still looks worried, but he lets me go and follows me to the boat. Sera is grinning at me in a way that makes me glad she can't tease me in front of everyone else. Well, she probably could, but she doesn't seem like she could do it well right now, gripping the mast like a lifeline. 

"You're sure you can get us to Scotland?" My Aunt asks, holding onto Ella in the center of the boat. Kalia goes to the back and sits down, grabbing the ropes.