Enchanted To Meet You

(Ignore Mal. Pretend she, and the picnic stuff, are not there.)

"Chop, chop!" Dizzy says, shaking me awake. I lazily open my eyes to see her grinning above me. Everyone had insisted on staying in my dorm room until at least 4 in the morning, then everyone was too tired to keep going. Everybody had flooded out and left me in there with Brit, who hadn't even bothered to change out before flopping on her bed and snoring away. I'd stayed awake for another hour, smiling at how much I'd smiled in the past hours. 

Dizzy shakes me again. "Come on, you have a date today, and I want to give you a much-needed makeover!"

"Date today?" I ask, still half-asleep.

"Yes, you dummy! With Carlos! Your boyfriend." She sings. 

I sit upright. I forgot about that. I look down and realize I forgot to change before falling asleep too. Dizzy pulls me out of bed. "It's fine! I'm going to give you new clothes, too!"

I glance at the leather jacket I've been wearing since Ben's coronation when Evie made it for me."What about my jacket?"

"You can keep it if you want, but Evie made a new one, too." She reaches up and grabs the crown off my head. "Be glad nobody noticed this last night," she giggles. 

I can feel my face heat up. "I---It's---"

"Relax. I know your boyfriend gave it to you." She smiles and sets it on my bed. "Now, come ON! My store will be flooded with people soon, and I want to make sure I do you right!"

I laugh and let her drag me to her shop. Sure enough, there's a line of people waiting outside the locked doors. Dizzy waves and unlocks them, shoving me in and locking it behind her again. The crowd seems pretty used to it. Dizzy shoves me towards a chair and, laughing, I sit down while she sets to work. I can't tell what she's doing most of the time, but she does paint my nails light blue with black swirls. I feel her playing around with my hair, probably getting out the old blue dye on my scalp. She won't let me look until at least an hour later. What kind of hairdo takes an HOUR?

"Ta-da!" She says, spinning my chair around so I can see myself in the mirror. I almost laugh but think that could be inappropriate. Dizzy's used my eyes as a baseline for all her styles today. My right side (the one with the blue eye) has a black chunk of hair that is the same length as the blue one on my left side. The rest of what Dizzy did is deep blue tips. The rest of my hair is stark white, like always. I grin and shake the two black-and-blue chunks into my eyes. 

"This is awesome, Diz." I say. 

She grins too. "Aw, I know." Then she grabs a handful of fabric and shoves it into my hands. "Evie made this outfit for your date. Mal helped, since she knows where you're going."

"Why does everyone know but me?" I laugh. 

She just smiles. I shake my head and step into a bathroom in the back. It's a knee-lenth dress that starts as sky blue on the gauzy sleeves and fades to white at my knees. For some reason, black high-top converse go with that. I laugh when I see the new leather jacket Evie has made for me. It looks about the same as the last one, except this one has beaded white snowflakes on it all over, and what looks like black glitter. I step out and Dizzy squeals.

"You look awesome! Now, c'mon, I'm doing your makeup!"

_______________________________________

"Carlos, I really don't see the point of a blindfold in the middle of the woods." I laugh, walking slowly over tree roots and rocks in the path. He'd had the limo drive us out here in the middle of nowhere and then put the blindfold on.