Escape!

(Don't mind the city background, it was just the only gif I could find of the slide/path/thing) Enjoy!

____________________________________

"You better have a way to get us out of here, Icy." Sera hisses. "Half my plan's ridin' on you."

"I'm honored." I snap back. "Why didn't you think this through?"

"I did, you idiot, that's why I'm freein' you!"

"Enough chit chat." Uma says. "Harry, take your crew and throw 'em both back below."

"Aye." Harry moves forward with his goons and Sera straightens up.

"I dare you to try." She warns. Uma laughs and beckons Harry forward. Sera glares at me and I roll my eyes.

"Fine!" I swipe my hands towards the pirates, and a wall of ice appears between us and them. They start banging on it, and Sera laughs. 

"Nice, Icy! Now, c'mon." She leaps up and punches a hole in the ceiling, crawling easily through. I stare up at her.

"I can't jump that high!" I protest. She rolls her eyes and starts to say something then disappears. A few thumps and yells follow, so I assume she's fighting somebody. Cracks start to appear in my ice walls, so I refreeze them and look down at my hands. There's got to be some way up there, that doesn't involve jumping...

Ah!

I swing my hands down, and misty blue shoots out, propelling me upward and through the hole. I see Sera holding a guy in a chokehold. He squeaks and goes limp, and she lets go of him. She flips her braids out of her face.

"Hey. Let's go."

"Wow, no 'nice job'?" I ask, running after her.

"I'll tell you nice job when I have my brother back!" She dodges a guy and sends him flying towards me, and I encase my fist in spiky ice to punch his nose. He wails and we keep running. Once up on deck, Sera screeches to a halt. 

"Dang! They've put the plank on shore!" She kicks the side of the boat and grabs me. "Hang on, I'm not sure how far I can jump with you in tow!" She crouches down and pushes off, leaping towards the dock while holding my wrist. I yelp in surprise and she laughs, but she's right, she can't make the jump. 

But I might be able to...

She barely has enough time to curse when I wave my hand and a burst of ice appears like a kid's slide. We hit it hard and it carries us safely onto the dock, where a bunch of pirates are fleeing away. I hear Uma yelling nonsense on the ship and scramble up. Sera whoops.

"Nice goin'!" She grabs my hand and goes running. I stumble along behind her, shoving people out of the way as we run. She finally stops when we barge out of a huge pipe. She starts searching around, throwing tarps off of things until she comes across a huge metal box with wires sticking out everywhere. She grins.

"C'mere. You hang out with De Vil, right?" She asks. I go over.

"Yeah, he's my boyfriend." I say.

"Pfft. You're dating that nerd? Willingly?"

"Why is it your business?" I demand.

"'Cause this is one of his inventions, and Ar and I have been tryin' to figure out it works since he left. We've never told anyone about it. I don't think De Vil even remembers it's here." She says, blowing dust off of it and pulling on some levers. "It cuts holes in the barrier. Small ones, only for a few minutes, but it works."

"Seriously?" I ask, elbowing her out of the way. I run my hands across it. It sort of resembles some of the things he's shown me. I turn a few dials and a keypad appears. I scan it and smile. Only Carlos. I press the escape button and a laser shoots out of it, straight past us and into the ocean. A hole rimmed in gold appears a ways away from us.