Storming The Castle

(For the gif above...what can I say? I'm a PB nerd at heart.)

Practically everyone gasps at the same time when we realize Mal is right. Ben's face is practically unrecognizable, covered in bruises and cuts and a swollen eye. His normally immaculate blue suit is full of tears and what I really hope is ketchup. 

"Oh my God." Maira whispers. I notice Krissy, Andy, and Lily hiding their faces. 

"What is she doing?" Mahina asks. "Is she wearing...?" Mahina's dark skin goes pale. "She's wearing his crown!"

I look closer and see that she's right, Ben's gold crown is resting lopsided on her braids. When Mal sees that her eyes spark green and it takes the combined effort of Carlos, Sera and I to hold her back.

"Mal! We have to get closer if we're going to do anything," I hiss through my teeth. I drag her back down behind the hill and she calms down a bit.

"Fine. But we are getting down there. Now." She commands. I nod. 

"Everyone coming?" I ask our group. Every single person nods, though Ella a bit reluctantly. 

"OY! WHO'RE YOU LOT?" Someone yells behind us, making all of us jump in surprise and let out some very undignified noises. I turn around to see the two pirate guards staring at us, my Mist long gone. 

"Whoops." I mutter. 

"You lot, come wif us!" One of the pirates says, holding his sword out. 

"Not a chance." I say, raising my hand to throw my ice, but Maira beats me to it. Her hand plunges into her bag and whips out a blue sphere. 

"EAT WISP!" She yells, throwing it hard between the two. It explodes on the ground with a blue explosion that swarms angrily around the pirates. They both scream and start trying to bat the sparkly blue balls away and then they run off, right into the water. I think they're trying to get rid of them by getting underwater. 

I look over at Maira, impressed. "Where'd you get that?"

She just glares again. "It's not real wisps. It's images. A little bit of magic Hade---You dad taught me."

"Uh, guys?" Rania gestures back over the hill. "We've got a problem."

I run up next to her and my heart drops. Every single pirate is turned towards us. And none of them look very happy. 

"Whoops." Maira says sarcastically. 

"You couldn'ta found a quieter way of gettin' 'em?" Sera snarls, her eyes sparking red. 

"No, I definitely didn't have a different solution I could have pulled out." Maira snaps. 

"Shut up, you two!" Mal snaps. 

And suddenly, the pirates and villains all yell at once and start running for us, waving their swords and weapons around joyfully. Uma alone remains still, glaring at us with Gil still holding Ben's rope around his wrists. Ben's head moves slowly towards us and sees us on the hill. 

"BEN!" Mal yells. "We're coming!" She starts running again but Jane waves her wand and we disappear in a flurry of sparkles. We reappear on the platform with Uma, Gil and Ben, and all of the pirates still galloping the other way.  Mal lunges for Uma before the pirate can react and punches her in the face. Uma stumbles backward but stays upright.

"GIL! GET 'EM!"

But Gil's gone oddly still. He's still holding Ben, but he's looking back and forth from Uma to Brit, Uma to Brit.