Comatose: Adj. When Sera And Arson Fall Asleep And WON'T WAKE UP!

(Finally found someone for Sera! Kaya Scodelario! Just... Imagine DARK red braids twisted in, and her eyes flash red sometimes. And not wearing that shirt. :D)

I sit with my head tucked in between my knees, my legs folded up against my chest on the chair I haven't moved from in two hours since I brought Sera and Arson to the hospital. Footsteps reach my ears and my head snaps up yet again, but the person walking by me passes without glancing my way. Sagging with a mixture of embarrassment and frustration, I tuck my head down again. 

No news.

Again.

The doctors promised they'd tell me what was going on with my friends, but so far nobody has shown up. I haven't even left to tell my friends where I am. What happened. I still don't even know if we won or not, but the few doctors left here had barricaded themselves in before the pirates came here so they'd let me in without question. 

Footsteps come down the hall again and my head bolts up. Again. This time I'm met not with a doctor or a random patient, but Carlos running down the hallway looking out of breath and scared. He sees me and runs faster. I get up out of the chair just in time for him to basically ram into me in what I guess he thinks is a hug but I feel as a stranglehold. 

He spins me around one time before putting me down, grinning hugely. "We won! Ellie, we did it! What are you doing here, you've been freaking everybody out! You need to come back to the castle, and Sera---" he looks around. "Where's---?"

I press my lips together silently and shake my head. 

His face falls. "Sera...?"

"She---" I press a hand against my stomach to try and keep down my breakfast. "She and Arson are in twin comas right now. Their dad did something, called down this fire thing, and they both just collapsed. She told me that it drained her and Ar. Right before she---" I choke and stop talking. 

Carlos looks crestfallen. "But... we won. This shouldn't... after... we..."

I shake my head again. "We may have had a victory today, Carlos, but we didn't win. Ares and Uma got away."

"But... They're not on the Isle." Carlos says. 

"How do you know?"

"Oh! Right, you left early, I guess. Well, Jane and Dizzy went through the castle looking for everybody, they freed everybody from the prisons and found Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother. It was all over after that, when Jane gave her mom's wand back. FG magicked everybody we captured and everybody trying to get away to the Isle, then did some weird spell where nobody can get out or in without a limo. Then she checked that every villain was there. Uma and Ares were the only ones missing."

I curse under my breath. "So they could be anywhere right now!"

Carlos nods and opens his mouth to say something then someone clears their throat behind us and we jump apart. I swivel around to see who it was, and find a very red doctor standing by Sera's door. 

"I can come back." he mutters, his eyes on the floor. 

"No---we weren't---" I clear my throat. "Is she okay?"

"We can't tell. That's what took us so long. They're both basically bodies right now. No breath, no movement, none of our treatments are working, and yet they both still have faint heartbeats." The doctor glances at Carlos once before plowing on. "Their eyes are rolled back no matter what we do, neither have any body heat, and respond to nothing." He shrugs helplessly. "In short, there's nothing we can do but wait."

"How long will that take?" I ask, dreading his answer.

"Anywhere from a week to a few months to a few years. As I said, we really don't know what is going on. Could you explain how it happened, again?"