Mahina

(For the people who originally read my last chapter where I cliffhangered on a mermaid---  @SpringStar186 (Who also won the guess-Ellie's-dad thingy) came up with the idea to add a new character in the story, and I liked the idea, so I went back and changed it to a girl with dark hair and eyes, okay? Just FYI. SHE IS NO LONGER A MERMAID!!)   

(Also, imagine the picture up there with darker hair and different clothes, and greenish-brown eyes pleeeease?)

________________________________

"Who are you supposed to be?" Sera asks, like talking to someone on a rock in the middle of our shipwreck is completely normal. 

The girl stands up and grabs what looks like an oar, leaping off the rock up to our ship with a burst of wind that seems to appear just to help her. She lands on our deck, standing easily like she just jumped off a curb.

"I'm Mahina." Her vibrant green-brown eyes survey us. "Who are you, trespassing on New Motinui?" Her curly brown hair waves in the wind with her handmade clothes. Her dark skin nearly blends with the light wood of her oar. 

"Motinui? You don't mean

"Motinui? You don't mean..." It clicks in my head. "Are you Moana's daughter?"

Mahina nods, her bright green-brown eyes sparkling. "And you just crashed your boat onto my relaxing spot."

"Wait, so there's an island around here?" Carlos asks.

Mahina points to a black speck in the distance.

"How'd you get out here, then?" Carlos asks. 

Mahina smiles and stands up on the rail of the boat, spreading her arms and letting herself fall backward. We all yelp and rush forward, but she's already soaring up again, landing gently next to us.

"How are you doing that?" Carlos demands. 

"The Ocean and the Wind help me." she says simply. "It helped my mother, it will help me when I have need of it."

My Aunt Anna fidgets, "Well, d'you think you can help us?"

Mahina turns her bright eyes to my aunt. "That depends. What do you need my help with?"

Sera gestures around. "Well, for one thing, notice the freakin' boat! Another, we need to get to Scotland. Auradon is under attack, and we're trying to gather peoples to come 'n help us fight the Shrimp."

Mahina blinks calmly and touches her necklace, which I recognize to be the one Moana wore on her journey. "We can help."

"No offense, Island Princess, but I don't see how you can help." Sera says. 

Mahina just keeps smiling. "We can help. New Motunui can help. My mother and father can help."

"Stop saying help or I swear I'm going to hit you." Sera grumbles.