I Hate You, Shrimpy

I come to with fuzzy words making their way into my equally fuzzy brain. I crush my eyelids together to try blocking out the painful light piercing through. I open them up slowly, trying to adjust. When I do, I check my surroundings out. 

I'm in a wooden room, covered in mold and stored with smelly food. I wiggle my hands a bit, but they're tied behind my back, and I feel the gloves. Ugh. They put gloves on? Seriously? Gloves haven't stopped me before. I close my eyes and try to get them to shatter like before, but all I feel is the painful pulsing in my brain. 

My ice is barely a feeble pull now. 

I open my eyes again and glance down at myself. I'm not tied to a chair or anything, just on the ground. And with a gag in my mouth. How long have I been here? Where's Ben? Do Evie, Jay, and Carlos know we're missing? They must by now. 

I test my powers again, to no result. 

A door opens up near me and a kid with a bandana and orange-brown leather comes in. He smiles and helps me up. "Hi! I'm Gil, son of Gaston. What's your name?"

I stare at him and grunt. He notices my gag and pulls it out. I spit the awful taste out and try my voice. Not bad, at least it's not shaking. "I'm Elicia, daughter of Queen Elsa."

"Oh! You're the girl that helped Mal almost take over Auradon!" He smiles. Then bops himself on the forehead. "Oh, I forgot why I came in here. I'm supposed to take you out in the shop so Mal can see you. We wanted Ben to come out too, but Mal would probably kill us if we had both of you out in plain view." He grabs my arm, not hard, and pulls me out of the room. I squint in the sudden bright light and the onslaught of people talking. 

Gil leads me past all the people, who don't give me a second glance. People tied up and being dragged around must be normal here, I sigh to myself. 

Gil sits me down at the back of the room, right next to the entrance. He waves goodbye and leaves me alone. I wriggle my hands around, trying to get them loose, but Harry Hook comes over. 

"Ah-ah-ah!" He grabs my arm to stop me. "We need ya for when pretty miss Mal shows up, lass. Which should be any second now!"

A girl wearing an apron and a pirate hat comes out from where I was. She has aqua and black braids reaching past her waist, with purple, gold, teal, and black leather on her. She drops a tray full of food in front of some lady and the customer whirls around. 

"Hey! I wanted the fried clams!"

Harry gives a girly giggle. "Watch this, lassie."

Braid girl turns around fast. "And I wanted a sea pony. Life ain't fair!" She yells. She walks on and gives her other tray to someone just as the doors bang open and someone sings, 

"I'm baa-aack!" 

"Mal!" I yell. Her purple head turns quickly to me just as Harry puts his hand over my mouth. She stares in shock at me. 

"Ellie!" She turns to braid girl, who by now I'm assuming is the Uma girl everyone's talked about. 

"Loser, party of one." Uma says, gesturing to a table. "Right this way please." 

Mal takes one last glance at me then starts towards Uma. Uma kicks a chair at Mal, who grabs it just in time and swings it around to sit on. Mal looks around.

"Place still stinks." She comments. 

Uma scoffs. "Oh, I'm sorry. We're down a butler today. Princess."

Mal looks at me again. Harry gives a girlish wave. "I see Ellie. Where is he?" Mal asks Uma. 

Uma whisks her apron off. "You know I've dreamed of this? You, wanting something from me. And me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."