Prisoners

"What am I supposed to do? What do you suggest? She hasn't woken up for three days!"

"I get it, Carlos, but whining won't do anything. And she's breathing, isn't that enough?"

"No! Mal, her deadline has been shaved down to four days, and she's still out of it!"

"Wait! Look!"

I feel two people on either side of me. My brain feels like it's shriveled up inside me, trying to escape the painful noises and lights creeping in. I try to groan and find my throat feels closed off. I try to breathe and can't, but cough and air floods back in. My eyes jump open by themselves and I yelp at the light. I cover my eyes with my hands and sit up fast. That was a mistake, the floor tilts and I don't even have my eyes open. 

"Ellie, open your eyes slow." I hear Brit instruct softly. "It's hard to get used to but it goes away."

I do as she says and crack my eyes open as much as I dare. Slowly but surely, the blinding white goes away and I scan around to see we're in a white room with a cot that I'm on and an open door leading to an equally white hallways. 

"Where are we?" I ask, rubbing my head. My hand comes away with flecks of dried blue on them and I wince. "Let me guess. Uma hit me hard?"

Carlos nods. I notice he looks a lot paler than he normally does. "We couldn't get you to stop bleeding until it stopped on its own. She knocked you out hard. Also, we're in Auradon's version of a prison."

"White?" I complain.

Mal nods. "Come and look." She helps me and up and hauls me over to the open door. A long white corridor with hundreds of white rooms like mine are housing just about every Auradonian.

"So the villains finally did what they said they would?" I mumble. 

Mal takes me back over to my cot and sits me down next to Carlos. "Yeah. Uma and Harry are  basically in charge, and Gil helps. Frollo also demanded a spot, but they didn't give him one."

I look at Brit. "Wait, Gil came with you, and so did Madison and... why are you down here too?"

"Because my father is up there." She points shakily to the ceiling. "I thought I was done being afraid of him, but I was wrong. They gave me a choice, and I said no."

"Dizzy?" I ask. 

"She's with E." Mal says. 

"Where's Ben?" I ask. "Is he okay?"

"We don't know. Beast, Belle, and Ben aren't down here with us." Mal says. Her voice breaks once but she tries not to show it. 

"What about Fairy Godmother?"

"She's not here either." 

"What about---"

"Chad is up there with them."

"Wait, really?" I gasp.

Mal snorts. "Nah. Sera told me to play a prank on you."

"Wait is Se---"

"Eh, don't lose your head, Icy." Sera leans against my doorway. "There was no way I was stayin' up there, everythin' smells like seafood."

I give a weak smile. "So what are they doing up there? Just... looting around?"

Carlos sighs. "I don't think they know what to do. They've been dreaming of freedom so long, and now that they have it, they don't have any idea what to do with it."

"Harry and Uma? They say anything?" 

Everyone in the room exchanges a look. I glare. "Okay, that was not well hidden." I say. "What'd they say?"