54. Cuppid

CHAPTER LIV

AT the kitchen in Apink's ship...
[THIRD POV]
"EUNJI WATCH OU-"

BLURRP!

The hot water blew up a little, and flood to the floor and splatter to the surrounding which is where Eunji stand.

"OUCH!" , Eunji hissed by the contact of the water with her legs and she jolted a little. Chanyeol quickly grabbed her shoulder and pull her to his side as the hot water still flooding. He grabbed a napkin, wet it with water, and turned off the stove for the boiling water and then for the frying pan too. after the situation calmed down a little, he glance to her right legs that slightly tip-toed from the injuries.

Chanyeol quickly carried her on his hands making the latter shocked and flustered.

"C-chanyeol! What are-! P-put me down!!" he walked to the counter and sat her on top of it making her eyes were now at the same level as his. Chanyeol ran to open the fridge and pull out some ice cubes, he wrapped it on the napkin and went back to her.

"Let me see it." ,He said while down on his knees, trying to shrug Eunji's hands that covered her injured legs, his voice were stern and very... demanding.

"n-no need I can do it by my-"

"STOP BEING STUBBORN AND LET ME SEE IT!" ,Chanyeol yelled making her look at him in surprise. she then released her grip on her legs and the latter quickly scanned it carefully and start compressing the injured spot with the ice cube-napkin.

A long silence were build. Eunji still look at him blankly as he treated her. Although it stings but her heart actually felt warm by his touch, his worried-face when she carried her, and his deep voice that can sooth her.

"Chanyeol, I can do it by myself." ,She tried to hold the napkin that he's been holding for a while. But Chanyeol just glared at her making her hold back her hands and look away since He's been touching and looking at her legs attentively and that really makes her shy! She cursed herself for being flustered and for wearing a short pants today.

As he treated her injuries, Eunji thought for a while, why did they become this salty? Weren't they doing fine back when she handed him the meds and Adrenalines? Why should they become stranger again? Or perhaps... She is being stubborn to him to hide her true feelings?

"Chanyeol.... " ,Eunji called him, her eyes were hesitated at first but her heart were screaming to make her shout her true feelings. Chanyeol glance up before she continued, "....Im sorry. And thankyou."

Chanyeol look at her eyes that screams guilty but also thankfull. His eyes never left hers when she began to speak again,

"I.... wasn't being stubborn or hard on you because I hate you or angry with anything. Its just... we're still not that close... and I think im... mmm...." ,Eunji having a hard time explaining, her mouth suddenly wanted to tell a lies because of her embarassement. Chanyeol saw her struggled and he questioned her a short one,

"you don't have to explain. we're strangers anyway, no string attached, right?" ,Chanyeol answered her calmly and look into her wounds again. Eunji bit her lips in nervousness, she was hurt by what Chanyeol told her, indeed she's the one who invented that first, but she didn't knew that it was this hurt to hear it from Chanyeol himself. Could it be Chanyeol were hurt too by her words?

"I didn't meant to said it like that back then.... " ,Eunji stated but Chanyeol didn't look back to her like before. "....its just, I don't want to get hurt later by.... Us."

"us? What happened with us?" ,Chanyeol asked back, suddenly he seems so cold and distance even tough he's this close and still treating her wounds like it was his.