40

40||Dynasty:The Building
" Ji Eun "

Eun-Ji fluttered her eyes open and Ji Dwi's face was the first thing she saw. She blinked wearily and sighed, the corners of her lips tugged upwards for a bit. " I thought you don't care about me anymore... " she wasn't expecting him to reply but she knew she had to speak so there won't be an awkward silence between them.

Ji Dwi looked at her. " How can I not care about you? You still continue to faint from time to time. " He answered.

" You should atleast see me once in a while, you are a terrible brother. " Eun-Ji breathed, looking at the ceiling.
Ji Dwi's jaw clenched and he stiffened. " I am not your brother. "

Eun-Ji looked at him. " Tell me...do you...hate me? "

Ji Dwi looked down. " Do you think I do? " he asked.

Eun-Ji rolled her eyes and looked away. " I think you do. "

" I do...and yet I don't. " Ji Dwi bowed his head. " I hate you for being my sister. " he added.

Eun-Ji looked back at him. " You hate me for being your sister but you don't when I am just plain Eun-Ji. "

" That is correct. "

Eun-Ji sat up. " Would you rather be with the Liar I was? "

Ji Dwi looked her in the eye. " It may sound foolish but I do. "

Those words made her heart skip along with her breathing. She felt something enveloping her heart with warmth just by hearing those words from him.

" And yet you run after A-ro... " Eun-Ji looked to the side, feeling down.

Ji Dwi smirked, amused at her. He cannot understand why he feels like everything is all right just by talking to her when he knew he should be angry at her but despite the odd feeling, he knew he doesn't want it to end. " Would you rather I run after you? " he asked with a light teasing tone in his voice.

Eun-Ji sighed and stood up. She walked out of the chamber but was stopped by Ji Dwi. She felt his arms around her as he embrace her from behind. Her breath hitched as her eyes darted everywhere in panic.
" W-What do you think you're doing? " she tried to break free but he tightened his grip on her.

Unbeknownst to her, Ji Dwi's eyes turned glossy as he hug her. He closed his eyes tightly. " Stay with me...just this time. "

Eun-Ji felt a wave of sadness surge through her. She swallowed the building lump in her throat and did her best not to let a single tear fall from her eyes.
" This...this is not what siblings do...Jinheung... "

||Time Skip||

" Gongjunim? Are you sick? " Mi Sun asked.

Eun-Ji looked at her. " Hm? "

" You have been losing your consciousness since the day I met you. " Mi Sun explained.

Eun-Ji looked ahead and continued looking at the accessories. " When the time comes, it will not be of your concern anymore. "

" I understand, Gongjunim. " Mi Sun proceeded to put a hair piece on her hair.

" You can do what you must, I will be inside the walls of Hwarang. " Eun-Ji told the girl.

Mi Sun bowed and left the room. Eun-Ji stood up and sighed. She crossed her arms.

Kim Eun-Ji

I crossed my arms over my chest and slowly paced around my room.

I'm losing it, I knew it. I can't even remember what the names of my family are nor their faces. I'm slowly losing my memories.

I had to get out of here, fast.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed me by the arm. I gasped, sharply turning around to see a lady, the same age as I am, I think.

" Wh-" she covered my mouth.

" Sh! Quiet, they might hear. I mean you no harm..." she whispered.

I pulled her hands off my mouth. " Who are you...?! "

" I am the real Ji Eun. Come with me. " she said then dragged me to the door.

" What?! Wait! You can't- " I gasped.
When she opened the door, I saw the forest, not the surroundings of the Hwarang House.

She dragged me out of my room and started walking calmly with her hands behind her back. " I have found the safest way to get you back to your own timeline. "

I looked at her with wide eyes.

She smiled a bit. " But we have to walk a long way. "

I don't know what to do but hearing those words made my body move and follow my instincts. Is it the end? Can I finally come back home?