Chapter 24

Let U Go | Faime

I got out of my apartment to see Zack. What's he doing here?

I just ignore him and walk the halls.

For the past few days. I never answered anyone's calls, texts and not even talk. I just moved ahead.

"I thought Muslims wear hijabs."I turned to look at him with an annoyed looked.

He made me freeze just for that.

"Well you thought wrong,"I told him as I turn back to where I was going, back on my feet.

"And that's why Muslims like you push Other Muslims not to do things they want."I stopped and hold shirt tight with a fist.

That's not true. People don't have to listen to me on what they should do in life. I'm not their Leader.

I just kept walking until I heard a chuckle. I tried to hold it but I couldn't.

"You wouldn't know what I've been through. So why would I listen to a fool like you."I told him and he scoffed.

"You don't run away from your fears, you fight them."

"And what if I don't want to fight them. Forget them and keep going. You know I can keep doing that."I said and held my hands together looking down.

"And what? Just keep running while it chases you?"I turned to him and stare at him.

"You're lucky you know, you won't have struggles to go through. Even though Allah is testing me. I can't just say that I could everything is easy."He stared at me a little while then blinked.

"You know what! You're wasting my time, if you want to talk to Maya she's still in the hospital."I told him turning my heels and walked away.

I seriously can't handle when people get into your business for now reason. People getting nosy. It's like they don't have their own life and what's to hear everyone else's because they can't have what others want.

He's lucky. Really lucky. He has a great family. And Mashallah everything that others even need the most.

And yet he's here being rude, mean and a jerk. It's none of his business to get into mine.

I don't get into his or have a problem with him. So why is he coming to me like he was some types of people who come and tell you what's right or wrong.

I know what's right and wrong. I learned and I am still learning. He shouldn't tell me that.

Astagfirallah, thinking about this is giving me a headache.

I waited for the elevator and it opened. I got in and close the door quickly. Because I didn't want to deal with him coming back.

I heard running and saw him in front of me while to door closed. He was breathing while looking at me.

I sighed as the door closed and it was going down. He should've never said that at me.

After the door opened I saw him in front of me. I stare at Humza as he just smiled.

"I was coming to get you. But here you are."I gave him a fake smile and walked up to him.

"Why don't we just go to the park or something?"I asked him as he frowned.

"I thought we can stay at your place and read a book together."

My eyes widen. He can't just go there. Not after I think Zak is still there.

"I thought maybe get some fresh air? We could go to the library if you want?"He nods smiling.

"Sure."I slowly walked out of the building and went to see his car.

He stopped all of a sudden and I could hear his phone ring. He answered it and was angry. And they furry eyebrows say everything. Even his eyes.

You know, he kinda scares me. Sometimes in movies and tv shows, they do have a guy that portrays a bad guy. And he does look like one.

Really mean, possessive, even could kill you with a glare kinda person. He's just abnormal.

And after he killed my mother. It's just wrong for me to play. But I have to or else he's going to hurt someone. And I don't want others to get hurt.

Not even me.

And I know I'll get hurt. Sometime around but I'll handle it. I just hope Allah stays by my side so I don't have to deal with someone like satan.

Astagfirallah! I even called out his name.

I got cut off my thoughts when he stared at me. He looked confused. But why?

"Are you alright? I've been calling you?"He asked and I nodded.

"I'm fine, Who called you? You don't look so happy."I said in this sweet tone.

Which made me disgusted of myself.

"Oh, it was my secretary. She said there a meeting scheduled soon, so I have to go."

"Oh...well maybe we should hang out next time. You should go to work."I said as he nods smiling.

"I will, maybe I'll text you when it's over."He told me walking by his car.

"Yeah. Just don't forget to drive safely."I told him as he nods getting in.

He left and I sighed slumping. I groan and facepalm my forehead. I'm so stupid.

"If I have to do this a lot it's going to get tiring,"I mumble and turned around sighing.

I walked to the park and sat on a wooden bench. I sadly look at the sky hoping Allah could hear my mind. I hope this gets over with.

Even though I'm lying about my love. And worrying others. Hurting them. But it would hurt them more to see them die.

I looked down to see Josh and my eyes widen. I got up and turned to walk somewhere.

I don't know but away from him.

"HEY YAZ!"

I heard and gulped. I froze into place but then shook my head to continue walking.

I think he knows what happened between me and Zak. He's been looking at me while he's with him.

I don't want him hurt either. He's a friend. And a brother to me. I can't lose that.

"Hey Yaz, you okay?"He said as I looked at who's in front of me.

"I'm fine, just leave me alone,"I said and walked away slowly.

"Hey now, don't be that rude. If I did something wrong. I'm sorry."

It hit me. He didn't do anything wrong and yet he apologized to me.

"You did nothing. I just think...I just think we shouldn't be friends."He gasped and looked at me with his mouth wide.

"W..w..what? Why?"I turned my head away from him.

I didn't want to see his eyes. I don't want to see him hurt. I just broke him. And I don't want him to be hurt by Hamza.

I'm hurting him too. And I know that. I'm not stupid. But to protect him. I need to make him go away for a while. Until Hamza goes away.

"Is it because your getting married? Does it say that you can't hang out with any man than the one you're going to get married too?"He asked me as I held my arms around me together.

"No, I think it's just best to keep us apart before anyone mistakes you as a bad person. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go home and do my prayers."I said and walk the path to get back home.