Chapter 34:Welcoming Party

Start from the beginning

"Now, Azazel. We should go home." Lucy said, yawning. Azazel nodded as he tried to walk over the bodies, ocasionally tripping. When he was almost at Lucy, Gray stood up abruptly, making Azazel trip onto Lucy, where his lips met her cheek. Flushed with embrrassment and fear, Azazel stood up ripidly, retreating over to the far corner.

Meanwhile, in the pile of prone bodies, Natsu was attempting to kill Gray, where he instead burned down the whole guild in his fury. Master was walking out of his office when he saw the damage. "N-N-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Master fainted, only to be revived by Lucy a few minutes later.

Lucy growled, "I'll fix this later, Master." And walked up to Natsu, where she beat the tar out of him. When she was finished, you could see his soul flying away and his eyes a clear white. Lucy sighed, thinking, Why can I never catch a break? She chanted, "Time Dragon's Ark: Restore!"

Magically, the guild started to repair itself, the walls molding back into place and the floors melting into the ground. "Lucy!" Makarov cried. "You, my child, are a lifesaver!" Lucy smiled. "A mage who can't help their guild... What are they going to do?" She thought back to times where the guild was destroyed. At their battle with Phantom Lord, the guild was utterly destroyed, but in the end, they got a new one because they build it. Good old times, Lucy thought sadly.

She frowned, walking away. "Come on, Azazel. Star." The two trailed behind her, knowing that they shouldn't bother her now. As she walked by the unconcious group, she said, "Gray, I'm leaving Miyuki in your care. If anything happens to her... Well, you know what'll happen." Gray flinched at her words. Why am I being left with everything? He cried.

"Miyuki-Chan." Lucy said. "Hai?" Miyuki smiled. Lucy gave a grin as she looked back. "Stay with Master until Gray wakes up, okay? Be a good girl, like always." Miyuki nodded. "Hai, lucy-San." Lucy laughed a little. "Good girl." She pat Miyuki's head and slid out the door, saying goodnight.

As they walked through the chilly streets, Star fell asleep. "I guess she couldn't stay awake any longer." Lucy said. "Yeah, I guess she couldn't." Azazel replied. His face was tainted a slight pink, the memory of him kissing her cheek playing inside his head. "Look, L-Lucy..." He stuttered. "Hm? What's up?" Lucy asked calmly.

Azazel looked away, his face flushing even brighter than ever, "Never mind." He sighed, a misty breath of air flying out of his mouth. Lucy looked at him strangely. "If you say so," She muttered, looking ahead. "Ah! There it is!" She pointed at her apartment, looking the same as ever. She ran up to it, dragging Azazel by the hand.

Quietly unlocking the door, she slid inside, allowing Azazel to follow behind. "You can use the bathroom first. I need to get some things ready." She said, guesturing him to the restroom. "Y-Yeah." Azazel walked into the room, locking the door behind him.

Lucy looked questioningly at the doorknob. Why does he need to lock the door? He never locked it before. She thought, remembering when they lived together for her training. Whatever. She shrugged it off as she went to find a futon.

A sky blue floral pattern futon was found in the attic. It's a bit old, but it'll do, right? Lucy thought as she spread the bed next to hers. "Oi, Lucy where are-" Azazel walked in, his hair dripping with water from the shower. "A-Are we s-sleeping together?" He stuttered, thoughts clouding his mind. Lucy smiled. "Yeah! It's like when we slept together when we were training!"

Azazel cried inwardly. Lucy is so innocent, little innocent Lucy! "Ne, Azazel, do you need a towel?" Lucy questioned. "Y-Yeah..." What is with me and stuttering!? "It's down the hall in the baskets." Lucy pointed at the bathroom. "Okay... Thanks." Azazel walked off akwardly, reaching for a towel.

As he walked out of the bathroom, he called out, "The bathroom is free, Lucy!" In which he heard a muffled, "Hai!" Lucy walked down the hall, carrying a bundle of clothes. As the door closed, she started to hum. Azazel listened closely, not wanting to miss a word. "...You have given me a formless treasure: the courage to embrace my weakness and keep walking..."

About twenty minutes later, she stopped humming and walked out of the bathtub. Azazel scrambled to run away. If she knew I was listening, she would kill me! As she walked out of the bathroom, she said, "Azazel? Come here. I know you were listening. I don't really care but we need to sleep."

Slowly, Azazel walked into Lucy's bedroom. The walls were covered in a pink wallpaper, showing only a faint amount of light from the moon. Lucy slid into her bed, and Azazel layed in the futon. Lucy fell asleep instantly, mumbling something about her dream. But on the floor, Azazel couldn't fall asleep. He just couldn't turn his mind off.

He stayed awake for severl hours, thinking about his life. He looked at Lucy's bed. Star and Lucy were softly snoring in dreamland. He looked at the door, thinking about what lies beyond it. Finally, he softly said something. "Ne, Lucy? I... I'm sorry about today... About kissing you..." His face flushed a bright scarlet upon saying this. He knew he would have to say this when Lucy was awake, or there'd be no meaning.

But,  he heard a soft drowsy voice saying something. He looked at Lucy. "It's okay...Azazel..." She said. Azazel smiled slightly. "Yeah." He said. Her singing resounded in his mind, '...You have given me  formless treasure: the courage to embrace my weakness and keep walking...'

"No, Lucy. You're the one who gave me a formless treasure: a heart to love..." He said as he slowly drifted off into the land of dreams. Will I ever stop owing you, Lucy Heartfilia?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Don't know if you like AzLu, or whatever you guys gave the name for Lucy and Azazel, but Aiyuki-Okumura-San asked for this. I thought it might be a bit cute, (Then girls who really like Azazel are like: F YOOOOU!!!!1 WHY U NO LIEK AZAZEL!?) so I added it. This chapter is so much longer than the rest~ Don't worry guys, other ships will be here too~

Thanks for reading as always~!

~AquaStar2013~