T W E N T Y - E I G H T

My eyes slowly peeled open, black spots forming in my vision. What happened? When I sit up, hands suddenly grab at me and I panic, starting to squirm away from their grip until I saw Frigga and Eir. "Calm, child, sit back." Frigga says, easing my back back down.  "What happened?" I croak, my voice hoarse and almost impossible to understand. "Don't try and talk, dear. I shall explain." She says, I touch my throat and attempt to heal it but hiss in pain when a burning sensation travels through my fingertips.

I look at Frigga with wide eyes and she nods. "We don't know, Eir tried to heal you but could not," Frigga pauses, and I motion for her to keep going. "Well, from what Loki tells us, this incident happened in your sleep, correct?" Eir finishes for her. I nod. "Are you familiar with dreamscaping?" Frigga asks. I raise an eyebrow, nodding my head yes. I know the power, know that it happens when minds are connected during when all of them are sleeping, the host of the dream can control every concept of it, and in some cases the person with the power can put one to sleep so their consciousness collide, could that have been how I saw the woman? Could she have the ability to dreamscape?

"When dreamscaping, all participants can effect one another, but only someone with a huge amount of power like a demon or a celestial can kill someone or harm someone in the dreamscape ." Frigga says. I give her a questioning look. "What, a-are you saying?" I choke out, Eir shushes me and rushes to get something, coming back with a glass of water and lifting it to my lips. "Something with great power is seeking you, child." Frigga says, I think back to about a month before, the dream of me dancing with Loki to Brandy by The Looking Glass. He freaked out after me singing it he next day, could he have actually been present during that dream? Could it be me that is at fault for the dream?

"Don't you recognize the face of your own mother?" Her words hung over my head like a sword, the only thing keeping it from crushing me is a  thread. there was no way that woman is my mother! My mother is dead. "Lo... ki?" I croak, not being able to say anything more. "He's still in the cell." I breathe a sigh of relief, letting my head fall back onto the pillow. "Think about the person who did this to you," Frigga orders, I oblige, letting her features flood my head, letting everything about that moment sink in. I clench my fist but don't stop picturing the moment. "Alright, that's enough." Frigga says, I sense her emotions. She's in distress, confused, but she definitely recognizes her.

"Why can't I heal myself?" I ask Frigga inside my head while we still had the mental bridge she created. "We don't know exactly, we know little about dreamscaping, but it may be some sort of dark magic spell. This woman seems to be very powerful, she may be" Frigga stops, but what she was going to say was obvious. A demoness. She passes her hand over my forehead. "You're burning up. Try and get some rest, dear." She says worriedly. "You'll need lots of rest, you're very lucky your neck didn't break." She adds, I meet her eyes and fell palm falls onto my hand, clapping our fingers together. "How long had I been asleep?" I ask her, a solemn looks spreads onto het face.

"A few days, we....." Frigga trailed off before finishing her sentence. "We though you perished for some time, but it seems as though you would not accept death," Frigga said sadly, I frowned at her, not remembering this. "Now rest,"
-
Falling asleep was easier said than done, but it happened eventually. It was a dreamless sleep, either that or I do not remember what I dreamt of, but either way no harm was brought to me or anyone else.

When I woke, I was still in the bed from before, a soft breeze drafting across my face from the open window. I turn my head to look outside, I know I'm in the infirmary with the garden view I had. I could smell the roses next to the window from inside, and I closed my eyes to allow myself to rest for a moment more.

I hear the door open and I almost groan, I do not need a visitor. "Lyra, I'm so pleased you're awake." I hear the all familiar God of Thunder's voice coming from the doorway. "N.. Nice to be.. awake." I rasp through my dry throat, he shakes his head, walking forward and sitting on a chair next to the bed. "No need to strain yourself," He says, handing me a pencil and a notepad. I smile in gratitude, waiting for him to ask something.