T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Gamora's POV

I woke up throwing myself up, breathing hard and looking around. I place my hand on my forehead, searching for a reason that girl had been in my dreams.
Loki was in that dream. I remember seeing him when I was still with Thanos. My mind shivers at the man who I once called father, my breathing finally evens but I can't seem to shake it out of my mind.

"Yo Gamora, you all right?" Someone asks, Quill enters my room, his headphones around his neck playing a soft tune from the ends. I stare hard at the music, I get slowly, walking over. "Uhh, you okay?" He repeats as I come closer to hear the music. Once I was close enough I could interpret the words.

Brandy- You're a fine girl! What a good wife you would be! My life, my lover my lady, is the sea

Lyra's POV

When I wake up, I start panting and sit up against the wall, the image of Loki, his body covered in wounded from head to toe, still fresh in my mind. It worried me so badly I shot up, running over to the forcefield that separates us. Ignoring the pain in my legs, I search frantically for his face in the darkness, thankfully, the lights were turned on already. Sleeping hours are over.

To my surprise, Loki wasn't asleep but was sitting down at his table with his head in his hands. His eyes land on my distraught face and he sits up, picking up the book that was placed in front of him. I take a deep breath when I see him- unharmed. I slump onto the bed, throwing my legs over the side and rolling up the sleeves to the Midgardian garbs I still wore.. I finish healing myself, my skin going back to its tan color and evening out.

I huff in relief at the sudden freedom, leaning against the wall.

I think back to the strange dream I had, the song I have grown to love and listened to often on Midgard, I think back to the memory of dancing with Steve and smile. That sort of friendship was so foreign to me, we hadn't bonded over the concept of wars or glory or any of that, we had generated a relatively normal relationship. Well, as normal as you can get for the Avengers. It was so refreshing to have a friend that wasn't built on violence, and while I had been so terribly homesick, I do miss Steve. At the thought, I unconsciously start singing the song softly to myself. "Brandy, you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be. My life, my lover, my lady is the sea." I sing softly, almost humming instead of singing. I said it so quietly I barely heard it, so it surprised me when Loki confronted me about it.

"Stop." Loki demands. I look at Loki, who had a wild look on his face, his hands shrouding his face and he was practically shaking. "I beg your pardon?" I ask, gaining concern for the man who shared my close quarters. He gets up abruptly. "Get out of my head, how did you do that anyway?" He says. I look at him confused, twiddling my fingers together. "Umm, sorry. What are you talking about?" I say, though I'm not really sorry. I could care less if he doesn't like the songs I enjoy, he sighs. "That song...." He starts, he shakes it off and looks at me again, now utterly confused. "Sorry, I don't know what came over me." He says, ending the conversation. I huff out loud and stand up. "For the love of Asgard, what has gotten into you lately?!" I demand, standing up to him so the only thing that separates us is the forcefield. His expression evens but I don't miss the falter in his breathing.

"After you fell into the black hole, you came back a different person. You've always been a trickster but you would have never hurt anyone?! Please, tell me what happened." I begged, getting as close as I can to the force field without being actually harmed.
Loki looks down, his eyes trailing my shoulders, and I know he's afraid to meet my eyes and see the anger in them. "It's none of your concern." He says. Which raises my fury more. "Loki, you best tell me before I rip my way through your head, and find out myself!" I demand, bluffing and crossing my arms.

Of course, he doesn't know that. I don't even know the origin of my powers, much less Loki.

Even though I can read emotions, stronger abilities Loki has like reading minds and seeing memories is still a stranger to me. But Loki doesn't know that. He looks at me wearily, not completely believing me. "You're bluffing." He says, being the God of Lies he can tell when someone is lying, but I raise my chin nonetheless. "Try me." I challenge. He sighs, his eyes growing with a sense of longing. "I only wish to protect you." He says, making me angrier. "Protect me? How could you possibly be protecting me! I fought an army that you sent to Midgard, how is that protection?" I snap, glaring daggers at him. "I didn't want you to be a part of that." He says, his tone sharp. "Well, you don't always get what you want." I say, turning around and pacing the small cell.

"Even my dreams are confusing." I puff, mainly to myself. Loki doesn't say anything, I didn't expect him to, I just continue to walk around and think about the dream I had.

I sat down on the small cot I was provided, leaning against the wall and facing away from Loki, studying the prisoners in the other cells to find something to occupy my mind. There was nothing out of the ordinary, no brawls, no escaping Frost Giants or anything like that, my mind wanders back to the dream I had, Loki dancing with me, holding me against his chest like nothing ever happened. I remember the strange people who appeared in my dream, I had definitely never seen them before, though the man who bore the golden armor and the satin purple skin did strike me as familiar. Not his face, but his description made me think of something I had heard before. I remember the bruises and cuts appearing on Loki's face after we'd danced, was that my imagination?

The burn mark,

I remembered that suddenly, the large scar that resembled a brand or burn of some kind on his shoulder that peaked out from the short sleeved tunic he wore, I glanced at Loki sidelong, he was mindlessly flipping through a book, paying no attention to me. Was that mark just my imagination?

I grunted and turned away, pressing my chin into my palm. Why would I think something up like that? I suddenly recalled the day after I met Fury when I had fallen asleep in the jet, Loki speaking to me so clearly in the dream. I had presumed that to be a figment of my imagination playing into my hope he had survived such a fall like that, the only reason I'd survived was the people who found me. I had assumed that Loki was not as lucky since I couldn't feel him anymore, but what if he was unlucky enough to be saved by the wrong people. I furrowed my eyebrows in contemplation, he didn't have the same healing abilities as I did, so he would have needed assistance in surviving wherever he fell, and where did he come across the Mind Stone in the process? I recalled that when Clint was being controlled with the Mind Stone, his eyes were crystal blue, as were Loki's when he was acting cold and distant, but they returned to their green color many times when speaking with me. 'Twas it a trick of some sort?

I clenched my eyes close, where had the Mind Stone been before Loki had it.... why couldn't I recall? It was one of my duties to know where all the stones were, but... I couldn't remember. Something was blocking my memory of it, something that didn't want me to know.... I glared towards Loki. "Would you stop that?" I growled at him, he quirked an eyebrow in my direction and peaked from his books. "What?" He inquired, his lips twitching slightly in the hint of a smile at my aggressive tone.

"Blocking my memory, I know it's you doing it," I said, squinting my eyes at him. His eyes squinted at me in confusion. "I am doing no such thing. I can only bring forth memories, not block then," he said nonchalantly, licking his finger and his turning the page to his book, acting as though he held no interest but I could see the stiffness in his shoulders. I crossed my arms, waiting for him to go on, when he doesn't I continue myself.

"Well, someone is. And I seriously doubt it to be Odin." I said with sarcasm in my voice, highly doubting that Loki was as innocent as he played off to be, he stopped turning his page and blinked at me, the only sign of shock he relayed was his eyes widening slightly. As if he realized something.

"Maybe you just can't remember," he said quietly, but his emotions relayed something different.

His emotions were panic and worry, and nothing short of it.