Lyra On Earth- Part Three

Three Days before Loki's appearance

"C'mon, what is the worse that can happen?" I say, wrapping my fists in the wrap Fury insisted I use, which was strange because on Asgard we barely bothered with any such thing.

"I'm a super soldier, which means I'm inhumanly strong. I could seriously hurt you." Steve protests. "SHIELD has some of the best medics in the world on hand. And I think you are seriously underestimating me." I challenge, walking onto the training mat and stretching out my legs. Steve sighs, taking bandages and wrapping them around his fists. "That's the spirit." I say, bouncing around and popping my neck.

Natasha and Clint had just got done sparring. They were standing at the edge of the mat and Natasha was standing unscathed while Clint look like he might have some rather embarrassing bruises in the morning.
I cock my fists back in a fighting stance, waiting for Steve's move. He positions his fists in front of his face and prepares for our sparre. I run forward at him and he punches at me like I anticipated, I grab his arm and hurl him over my shoulder onto his back and flipping myself on top of him so my legs are in each side of him.  "Super soldier, eh?" I challenge.

He smirks and flips me over onto my back, but I wry out from under him and summersault backwards, getting back on my feet. He punches at me but I duck down and back hand him in the side. I kick at him but he blocks it with his hands. He swings at me but I block his hand with his forearm, hitting him in the chest. He swings lower, learning from before and striking me in my stomach. "You're holding back." I say. "So are you." He grunts. I smile and kick at him, he dodges but my foot slings over his shoulder and swings me on top of him, getting me on his shoulders with my legs locked around his neck. He grabs my back and flips me off his back. I regain my footing and turn and punch at him, which he blocks with his forearm but I backhand him across the face. I punch at him and he grabs my fist and attempts to get me on the ground but I just twist in the air and land on my feet. I attempt to back hand him but he ducks and kicks my feet out from under me, causing me to tumble backwards but I roll back on my feet immediately. He punches at me but I jump back and grab his fist that nearly hit my chest, I pull myself against him then throw him over my shoulder and onto his back. He gets up."Hey, you can't use the same move twice!" He says.

"I apologize, I'm afraid I missed the set of ground rules we established beforehand." I say with a mocking tone.
-
When me and Steve finish sparring I eventually came out on top. Literally. I had pinned him down and with my natural strength he couldn't get out from under me, so thus I won. "Aren't you proud of yourself." Steve says as I triumphantly gloat about my win. "'I don't want to hurt you Lyra'" I say with mockery in my voice. He rolls his eyes. "I went easy on you." He says.

"Yeah well so did I. Yet you still couldn't get out from under me." I say with a smug look. "I guess I'm stronger than you." I add. "Yeah, well that's not possible, I can lift at least one and a half tons on a good day." He says proudly. I bit my bottom lip and laughed. The smile dropped from his face. "What?" He asked. "Oh, nothing." I say, winking. The average Asgardian can lift ten tons, but, on a good day I can lift twelve.

I wouldn't dare say that to him though, it'd be pretty hard to explain.
Steve and I are growing to be good friends, though I have a pretty good relationship with practically everyone but Tony, who had started giving me stupid nicknames like 'E.T' and 'shortcake' (both I don't understand), I found myself hanging around Steve more than anyone else. "What, is a ton not intimidating enough for you?"
Steve jokes. I pat his chest jokingly. "Nonsense. Definitely intimidating." I say, but I'm sure he didn't miss the smirk in my tone. I pick up my water bottle and drank out if it, wiping my forehead with my forearm. I notice the cool breeze from the machine Steve calls an air conditioner sweeping across my forehead.

I do miss Asgard's natural heat there, I always trained outside the palace walls, but here I train inside for 'keeping cover', which I don't quite understand.

"You good? You kind of drifted.. " Steve says. I look at him and smile. "Never better." I say. That's a lie, I have definitely been better, for instance before Loki jumped into a black hole. "So, I have to go..." I trail off, forgetting the word. "Debrief?" Steve asks. "Oh, yes, I have to debrief with Fury." I finish, scratching the back of my head. "Okay, well we should sparr again tomorrow. I want a rematch." Steve says.

"Alright, I'll be here tomorrow to beat you again. Same time?" I smirk.

"Yeah, sure, same time." He says. I smile and pat his arm and start walking off. "Wait, wait, no a rematch is when I'm supposed to beat you." Steve says. "Let's see how that works out for you!" I call back.

Before I leave I hear him yell at me. "Later, gator!" I smirk and look at him. "After a while, crocodile." I said almost mockingly, the cute and childish phrase bringing a smile to my face.

The Light To His Lies (Loki)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें