T H R E E

After Loki had refused to leave my room until my ankle was taken care of, he bandaged it up for me (despite my opposition) and left. I waited for a moment, expecting to his door to click shut from across the grand hallway, but instead I hear nothing. I let my head fall onto my pillow, flipping over so my face is buried in the cloth and groan with the dramatics of a teenager. Why did I have to put myself in that damned situation? Why did I have to sprain my ankle at the mere sound of his voice? I'd surprised myself by longing to be in his arms again, to be inches away from him- and damn myself to hel, I couldn't get over him, couldn't get him out of my head.

Loki was flirtatious, it was obvious, he didn't harbor anything for me, and reading that much into his actions was so unbelievably naive of me I could hardly believe myself. I groan again, pulling my pillow over my face in frustration.

It was going to be a long night.
-

The next morning, after I fully healed myself, Loki appeared to be nowhere in sight, and I was completely flushed and embarrassed still.
Even Thor noticed, and chose to tease me about it endlessly over breakfast. "So, did you and my brother finally admit your feelings for one another?" Thor asks when we were finally alone in the busy day. I blush furiously and Thor tilted his head back and howled with laughter, I didn't find it so funny."Nothing of the sort happened, you blithering oaf," I said, trying to sound hateful but it came out as teasing as I chucked a biscuit at his head. He cackled madly, ducking from the food as it flew at Lady Sif who sat at the opposite side of him, she didn't even blink at us as she caught it next to her head. Thor elected to only ignore my comment, much to my dismay. "I've known you have both had it bad for each other for awhile. Loki was a little more obvious than you as I don't think he's even had a crush before," Thor laughed heartily, his smile so big I'm surprised it didn't leap off his face. I glowered at him, raising my fork at him in warning. "I will start throwing utensils," I threatened meaningfully.

Thor clapped me on the shoulder, staring at my fork-weapon amusingly. "I'm just happy you finally admitted it to yourself." Thor says. My face heated and my lip turned at him, I swung my wrist forward and tossed my fork at him pathetically. It clattered on his plate and he cackled, almost evilly, at me. I huffed in a frustrated breath and looked at him stern-fully, "As if it even matters," I started, "I'm sure Loki galavants around with plenty of women, I doubt I am anything of importance to him," I try to say this with nonchalance, but I knew I looked tense. Thor tipped his head back and laughed heartily again. "We are talking of the same Loki, aren't we?" He chuckled, and I couldn't help but return a stifled laugh at that. Sif, the last one of the warriors sitting near us, shook her head at our bantering and excused herself. "Come find me at the training grounds later, Lyra. An expedition on Vanaheim arrives quickly and we must discuss matters together." She informs me, I nodded toward her. "Of course, Lady. Shall I kick your ass before or after we discuss war tactics?" I asked her innocently, sitting back in my chair with a smug sneer on my face. She grinned at my slyly, "You fight me before, and we'll see whose ass is kicked then, Admiral." Sif smirked, before dismissing herself and leaving.

After a moment of eating and discussing business with Thor, seeing we were generally alone and out of earshot it anyone else, the question that had been pestering me came out. "Why does your father want me to keep the fact I am part Aesir from everyone?" I ask him. Thor takes a moment before answering. "I do not know myself, Lyra. My father has always been quite confusing." Thor says. I nod, pretending to understand as I stare at my spoon, which I resorted to since I chucked my fork at Thor.

"Sif is a god, the warriors three are all gods, Asgard is literally the realm of the gods. I just don't understand the fuss." I say.  Thor just shrugs. "Lyra, you were found on Asgard as a child, but that doesn't mean you're Asgardian." Thor says, not unkindly. I frown deeply at him at the suggestion and the memory of being a lost and confused child. I hardly remembered anything from before the palace, in fact, I didn't have any recollections I was so young. I just remembered feeling scared- and lost. Sensing he's come across a tough memory, Thor offers up another solution. "It may be the fact who your parents are, we do not yet understand your lineage. You do have a rarity of powers. And your ease at learning magic is also quite peculiar." He says, jabbing a finger at me in emphasis.