F I V E

I broke away our kiss seconds later, laying a hand on Loki's shoulder, we both breathed heavily with the shock of the moments before, the stress being taken away from the both of us slowly.

"I'm okay," I assured him, and it wasn't a lie. He stared at me, taking a still shaking hand and moving my hair behind my face. His eyes went to my clothing, and my cheeks heated once again. I forgot I was wearing the nightgown he gifted to me, and just like that his usual impish look came to his eye. I sighed, a small smile coming to my face. I expected him to say something, but before I could I turned toward where the railing snapped, standing onto my bare feet. My brown hair blew in front of my face from the wind but I brushed is away.

How did the railing fall? That materiel was strong, a metal golden fusion that would take tons to bring it down, let alone me. I crouched in front of the one pole that broke off from the railing, the reason it probably snapped off in the first place. I stared at my hand again, the blood dripping from my skin to the balcony floor. In the heat of the moment, I hadn't noticed the cold, tender blue marks around the wound where I gripped the protruding pole. Frost bite.

I crouched in front of the pole, seeing a layer of ice so cold it would burn someone.

"Loki," I gasped, pointing at it, he looked at what I was examining and his eyes widened.

This was no accident, the Frost Giants were still on Asgard. And they tried to kill me.
I quickly turned around, bounding to through my chambers and toward the door. I needed to prove my theory, now. I needed to tell Thor.

"And where on Asgard to you think you're going?" Loki called after me, walking briskly after me to catch up. I looked at him over my shoulder. "The Frost Giants may be after more than just Asgard's treasures, they may be after the Crown Prince's life as well. We must be alert," 

How quickly I switched from being intimate with him to admiral of Asgard must've surprised him, because he delayed his steps a moment before jogging to catch up with me. I walked quickly down the golden halls, ignoring the stares of the occasional guard. When I approached Thor's door I practically punched it until he answered. "What in the name-" grumbles the prince before he finally opened the door. "Ah, Lyra," When he saw me, I got a quick explanation to why the guards were staring at me. I forgot I was in my short, plunging night gown gifted to me by Loki, and Thor quickly looking away from me explained it. I ignored him, as well as his shirtless ness, and pushed passed him, mumbling a small 'your highness'

"Hello brother," Thor said in confusion before I walked onto his own balcony. And just as I suspected, a small, barely noticeable section of ice that warranted the railing to break at any moment covered the railing.

That made perfect sense for the Giants to assassinate the crown prince, though it was a mindless attempt, but why the admiral?

Why bother with me? 

-

The coming weeks dragged by since our discovery that the Frost Giants were still on Asgard. Since they tried to kill me. What if Frost Giants were going to break into Asgard's vault like my vision showed me? I shook the thought from my mind and went to go to the bathroom to draw a bath, rinse off, quickly change into my armor, then run our the door sliding Dygö into its scabbard, not before running my fingers over the blade admiringly. It had been almost our second month and Loki and I were deliriously happy together, stealing private moments in the garden and sometimes wandering to the beach. I smiled at the memory of the mist on my skin, of Loki's lips touching me with a mischievous smile tugging on the corners of his mouth. Perhaps I should thank the Giants for trying to murder me, for it resulted in a relationship of my own. Pink tinted my cheeks and I touched Dygö at my side for comfort. I slid out the door and quickly, realizing I might've taken a bit too long, when someone from behind me grabbed my hand. I recognized Loki's presence before I saw him, so I didn't so much as flinch."Where are you off in a hurry, love?" it was Loki. I looked at him and smiled warmly, turning toward him so he could see me fully. He entwined his fingers with mine and I smiled wider. "I have my duties to attend you." I tell him. "Do you now? Are these vital duties?" He says, a sly grin curling his lips as he hooked an arm around my waist and taking my hand in his. He stares at my wrist that wears the bracelet he gave me, which I wear all the time now. I feel his happiness in me, flooding into my mind and filling all the emptiness inside me.