Chapter 36 - Not This Time Buddy

One of the Dread Doctors strides into view, before he gets the chance to see us, I crouch down behind the bar, yanking Hayden down with me.

I hear the heavy thudding of its steps and place a hand over my mouth to muffle my heavy breathing.  Seeing its shadow walk towards the bar I tense up in fear, before it turns around, I quietly move as fast as I can do being crouched down, and pull Hayden with me.

We watch as it turns back and smashes the bottles were sat on the bar, then walks around the side and stares at the spot we were just sitting in.  Hayden and I then run towards the door to escape the club, but are cut short when another one of the Dread Doctors appears in front of us.

I freeze, standing in front of Hayden protectively.  The Dread Doctor lifts its hand and whacks me across the cheek with so much force it sends me flying away and into to the wall.  I hit the wall and fall down to the floor with a groan, touching a finger to the side of my mouth I can feel blood.  I stiffly push myself up off the ground and charge at the Dread Doctor, trying to tackle it, but right as I am nearing it, the first one hits my side, making me slam into the wall on the other side of the room.  I grunt and huff, pushing myself up again.  Both of the Dread Doctors turn to face Hayden and my eyes widen.

"Run! Hayden! RUN!" I shout at her.

She gulps in fear as they step towards her, while she backs away.  They are about to get to her when two powerful roars fill the room.  Scott and Liam, despite not being on the best of terms each run and jump onto a Dread Doctor each, scratching at they're chests.

I stumble to my feet and grasp Hayden's hand, pulling her out of harms way.  I sprint towards the Dread Doctor who threw me first and grip it's arm, and begin punching it in the gut.  It's other hand takes ahold of mine and tries to throw me off.

"Not this time buddy," I smirk, tightening my grip on its arm.  This sends me flying round, so I'm on its back.  It seems to anger it and it lifts its arms to grip my shoulders and throws me over its head and I land on the floor with a loud thud.  It stares down at me and tilts its head creepily, before lifting a foot and pressing it to my throat.  My eyes widen as I frantically try to push its foot away and gasp for a breath of air.

The foot is pulled away along with the rest of the Dread Doctor as I see Liam kick it in the chest, carefully jump over me, and throwing punches wherever he can.  The Dread Doctor shoves him away and he hits his head on a metal pole with a loud clang.  He turns around and tries to fight back but is tossed aside once again.

I groan in pain as I try to stand up again and attack, watching as Scott tries and fails to defeat the other Dread Doctor.  I run to Liam and grab his hand, pulling him off of the floor.  I gulp and nod to him.  We are about to run at the Dread Doctor we were just fighting but someone pulls us back, by our shoulders.  I turn around to see Theo, already fully shifted.

"Get Hayden out of here." He orders, voice deep, "Go!" He runs off to join the fight.

Liam and I look around, trying to find Hayden.

"Hayden?" Liam shouts.

"Hayden!" I join in, unable to find her, "Hayden!"

We run through some of the metal chains to look around and I gasp when I see her, held tightly by one of the Dread Doctors.  It holds a silver syringe, like the one they used on Tracy.

It is pushed into her neck and she screams loudly.  I run towards her and the Dread Doctor injects the substance into her, making a hissing sound.