Chapter 3 - A Cousin

⚠️WARNING⚠️ There is talk of child abuse in this chapter
You will get to see more into Alexa's past, but it's pretty darkEnjoy...

DEREK'S POV

After the initial feeling of confusion that swamped over me, I realised that she clearly needs to talk to me about something serious, whether she is related to me or not.

The others leave us to talk and I walk her over to a log nearby and the others keep themselves. Although, Scott, Malia and Liam will no doubt be listening in from afar.

We sit down and she sighs, "I'm just going to go ahead and say it because I don't know how else to explain."

I nod, almost worried for what she will say now.

"My name is Alex and I am Peter's daughter," she states.

I open my mouth but no words come out, Malia is Peter's daughter, he has another daughter?

"I know you probably don't believe me, and trust me I don't blame you. I didn't even know you existed until about a year ago, since then I have been looking for you." She continues.

"How come you didn't want to see Peter first? Surely he's the one you're looking for?" I ask with confusion, "he is your father after all."

"Look Derek, there so much more to tell you and trust me I want to but I don't want to do it with them all listening in," she says, staring behind my shoulder.

I turn to see them all 'acting natural' as if they were never listening in. I nod at her, with understanding.

"Don't get me wrong guys, you're all really nice but this is personal stuff." She says to them and they nod from where they are, apologetically.

"Why don't we go to my loft to talk, I'll get Peter out," I suggest, "I won't let him know that you're here."

"Okay, thank you Derek," she says with pure appreciation.

"It's no problem," I reply pulling her into a hug. Despite having just met her, she is family, and she is broken. As her little remaining family left, I see it has my duty to protect and look after her. At first she flinches at the contact but soon relaxes into the hug.

* * *

Once at my loft, after riding on the back of her motorbike -coolest cousin ever- , since I ran round the corner to the area of the woods we were in, I lead her to the couch to sit down. The others all left to give us some privacy.

"So what happened between you and Peter?" I ask, hiding my curiosity.

She takes a deep breath, "Peter never really visited my mother and I, only when he was angry, he would come over and shout at us as if it were our fault something in his life had gone wrong. He would throw and break things and even if we moved he would somehow find our new address, so we eventually learnt to deal with it. One night, when I was eight, it wasn't long before the fire I think, he came to our house again. This time he was even angrier than he had been before. H-he started hitting me, and a-although it hurt like hell, I knew I would heal, and I w-would be alright." She began to stumble over her words and her lip began to quiver.

I shuffle closer to her and put my arm around her in a comforting manner.

"Even though my mum knew I would heal, she cou-couldn't bare watching him hurt me. After sh-shouting and shouting for him to hurt her instead of me, he eventually, thr-threw me to the side and began hitting her. I-I tried to stop him but I was an injured and weak child. What made it even worse was that he was s-staring at me, whilst I was sobbing, with this sadistic smile the wh-whole time, up until she took her last breath. Th-then he just got up and walked out of the house leaving me in a pool of my mother and I's blood, crying my eyes out." She sobbed into my shoulder, crying her eyes out at the memory.

"I'm going to kill him, I don't care if he's my uncle, he doesn't deserve to be alive after doing and putting you through this." I say, fuming with anger.

"No Derek, don't sink to his level," she whispers in a hoarse voice, looking up at me.

"If that's what you want, come here," I say opening my arms to her and she snuggles into my arms, still crying.

Peter has never been a good man, but for him to do something this evil, not just to some stranger, but his own daughter. I will never forgive him for this.

A/N
So this is the first proper insight to Alexa's past, what did you think of it?
Let me now by commenting!
Anyhoo, ta ta wolfies!