Chapter 15 - Werewolves

We walk back to the Jeep and find Scott leaning against his motorbike, waiting for us.

"Find anything?" He asks. I

"Nope," Stiles replies, before going toward the Jeep and opening the door.

"Uh, we fell in a hole!" Liam pipes up, after a short awkward silence, gesturing to himself and I with an overly proud grin, making me chuckle. But I quickly stop because Scott doesn't seem to be in a laughing mood. Liam and I stare at each other awkwardly, not knowing what to do

Scott goes over to the car door and begins to talk to Stiles through the window, whilst Stiles tries to start up the car.

Stiles turns the key a couple times and the engine splutters.

"Son of a..." I hear Stiles sigh, "Alex, Liam, one of you, I don't care, just do me a favour, get in the car and turn the ignition when I say." He says, getting out of the car and walking round to the front.

LIAM'S POV

The pair of us both walk to the door and I get in whilst Alex stands, leaning against seat from outside. We wait in silence, trying to block our Scott and Stiles' arguing, me seeming to do so better than her.

"Try it!" I hear, I turn the key and the engine splutters again.

More arguing.

"Try it again," Stiles shouts, more aggressively than the previous time. I turn the key and it splutters once more.

Only a few seconds pass before he repeats himself, "Try it again!" I gulp, feeling Alex flinch beside me.

"Why can't you trust anyone?" I hear Scott ask Stiles.

"Because you trust everyone!" He shouts before slamming his hand down in the engine, "Ah."

Widening my eyes, I let out as gasp at this progression of the argument.  Especially considering Scott and Stiles almost never argue, and when they do it's only ever over silly things and all very light-hearted.

I hear shift beside me but I stay focused on Stiles and Scott in front of me.

There's a short silence, "Are you okay?" Scott asks.

"I'm fine." Stiles lies.

"You could've broken it."

"It's not broken."

"Let me see it."

"I'm fine." Stiles harshly whispers.

"Let me see it," Scott sternly repeats.

Stiles gives in and moves his hand towards Scott. Scott places his hands around Stiles' hand and begins to take his pain.

The pair look at each other, with a shared understanding and forgiveness.

I let out the deep breath I didn't know I was holding, and turn to Alex.

Except she's not there.

"Shit," I say out loud. I get out of the car and turn to look at Scott and Stiles.