Chapter 16 - Anger Expression Inventory

[Season 5 Episode 3]

Scott, Stiles and I are sat in the Sherif's office and I can't help but feel uncomfortable, this isn't my first time in a police station. Although I've never been in one as a friend of the Sherif's son.

The boys had a brought me to introduce The Sherif and I to each other and all went smoothly. As far as I can tell.

Now the Sherif is preparing to leave for his mystery date and getting more and more nervous by the minute.

He begins to fiddle with his hair whilst looking in a small mirror before sighing, "Oh, I should've got a hair cut."

"Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut!" Stiles says with an amused grin, as he walks over to him.

"I think you look great." Scott smiles.

"Well, thank you son I should have had," he says, seriously, causing Scott to smirk and nod, whilst Stiles looks baffled.

There's a short silence before the nervousness continues, "Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea." The Sherif says beginning to loosen his tie.

Stiles places his hands on his fathers shoulder as to stop him from removing the tie and says, "what, Dad, Dad, it's only one date, okay?"

"Yeah, the town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman." I point out, from my place on the couch in his office.

"Or man." Stiles adds.

"It's a woman, Stiles." He says.

"Okay."

"A very beautiful woman."

"What beautiful woman, by the way," Stiles asks, making a hand gestures and scrunching up his eyes.

"None of your business. Any of you." He says with a glance between us.

"I wouldn't know them anyway," I shrug.

Stiles looks between his dad and smiling Scott before claiming, "I wanna know."

"Not happening." The Sherif shrugs.

"You know I'll find out anyway." Stiles points out.

To which the Sherif just shrugs again. Stiles sorts out his collar and tie and suddenly we all hear a voice practically scream from outside the office.

"STILINKSKI!" They shouts, making me flinch, "Stilinski!"

The four of us turn to the door and Stiles' father open the office door to find out what's going on.  We all walk out, the Sherif at the front, Scott and Stiles shortly behind and me hiding behind them all.

"I'm going to kill you," the source of the voice says.  He must be in his early twenties, he has brown hair and currently looks like a maniac whilst being restrained by two deputies.

"Donovan, if you think that shocks me, remember it was well-documented in your Anger Expression Inventory." The sherif says, calm as ever, "Deputies, escort the prisoner out."

I almost let my jaw drop in astonishment.  I know from experience that I would not be able to handle situations like this so smoothly.