Chapter 22 - Psychological

LIAM'S POV

Not even five minutes later Derek barges through the door, face swamped with worry and fear. Something I haven't seen him express... well... ever.

"The clipboard outside says it's internal bleeding and probably a concussion but she should have healed, even just in the ambulance on the way here." He says shocked, staring at Alexa's unconscious body.

"That's exactly what we're confused about," Malia states, arms crossed, biting her finger nails, "she should be awake."

"It must be a psychological thing." Derek states, "like when Scott thought I died when we were fighting alpha pack, his wound didn't heal because he didn't believe it could."

"Well we can't exactly convince her to believe that she can heal," I point out, "she's unconscious."

"What happened?" Derek demands, looking between the pair of us, "falling off her bike I can understand, but what happened that's stopping her from healing?"

"We we're trying to save Tracy, she's a kanima, but she's not supernatural, it's weird, she managed to cross mountain ash at the animal clinic." Malia catches Derek up, "and when Alex was trying to help her, apparently some people in masks came along and injected her with something and she died.  Scott and Stiles didn't believe that it wasn't her."

"I'm going to kill those idiots." he breaths out heavily, "so anyone got any ideas on how to wake her up? Or are we just going to let the doctors sort her out?"

"I have," I grimace, "but you're not gonna like it."

"What is it?" Derek asks.

"Going into her mind, does Scott know how to?" I suggest.

"He's done it before, but he's not great," Derek sighs, "If it goes wrong, Alex could get really badly hurt, maybe even die."

"There is one other person who knows how to do it." Malia says, cautiously causing us to look at her, "Peter."

"Normally I'd immediately say no," Derek breaths out, "but I surprisingly think he's actually the safest option."

"We can get him out before she wakes up." I suggest.

"We can try." Malia nods, "first though, we've got to get her out of here before they take her into the surgery."

"I'll call Peter and tell him to meet us at my loft." Derek sighs, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

None of us want Peter to find out about Alexa, especially considering that the last time we saw him, he tried to kill Scott, but it's the only way.  I'm going to make sure I keep her safe from him after he finds out about her, even if I have to kill him myselfScrew Scott's code.

"I'll carry her to the car," I decide, "you keep an eye out for the nurses and doctors and open doors." I say to Malia as Derek talks on the phone.

I gently pick up her limp body, and nod to Malia who opens the door, looks around then gestures for me to follow. The three of us, four if you include Alex, walk out, Malia in front and Derek behind. We almost get caught a couple of times but eventually make it out of the hospital.

Derek unlocks his car and gets intro the drivers seat, whilst Malia opens the back door for me and I get in, still holding Alex. Malia then gets into the passenger seat and we pull away from the hospital.

As we are driving Derek's loft in almost complete silence, I gasp because I see Alexa's beat up bike lying on the other side of the road.

"Jesus," Derek mutters, as we pass it.

We eventually arrive at the loft and take the elevator up to the top floor. Derek opens the door, in front of me and Malia, both of them standing protectively I front of Alex and I.

Suddenly a fist comes flying towards Derek's face, catching him by surprise.

"AH!" He shouts, "what the hell?"

"My daughter's been here over a week now and you didn't tell me?" Peter fumes, revealing himself.

"You didn't tell me you had ANOTHER daughter, so I think we're even!" Derek yells back, "Wait," he pauses, before quickly punching Peter in the face, "now we're even. And you killed her mother in front of her!"

"I wasn't in my right mind." Peter explains, looking away.

"Oh, like you weren't in your right mind when you killed Laura?" Derek spits, shoving Peter backwards, "huh?"

"Let's just get this over with." Malia butts in before the two older werewolves kill each other.

"Fine," Derek says, stiffly.

I walk in and sit Alex onto the couch, leaning her up against the back of it.

"So who's going in with me?" Peter asks, smugly, "I suppose if I'm the one guiding her out, she might not want to come along."

"Derek? Malia?" I ask, "which one of you are gonna go in?"

The pair go to decide but are quickly cut of by Peter.

"Little Beta," He slowly says, thinking, "you're going in."

"What?" The three of us exclaim.

"You have a different bond with her than these two," he explains, "they are family and family; me, is partly the reason she's not waking up, isn't it?"

Derek and Malia nod solemnly, understanding what he means.

"Um, okay then." I agree.

"When you are in there, you have to calm her down, tell her she's alright, that she's safe." Derek tells me.

"O-okay," I stammer, the pressure setting in.

"Take a seat," Peter smirks.

I gulp and sit down next to Alex's unconscious body, Peter moves to stand behind us and releases his claws.

"This might hurt," he says with no sympathy.

Suddenly I feel his claws digging into the back of my neck and I feel my eyes fall to the back of my head.

A/N
It's a little short, but the next chapter will be in her mind from Liam's pov so you can look forward to that!
If you enjoyed this chapter give it a vote!
And comment your thoughts!
Toddle doo! See you next week!