Chapter 26 - Valack

[Season 5 Episode 5]

"So wait, the things that killed Tracy and Lucas, which you finally believe me about, are called 'The Dread Doctors' and there's a book about them?" I raise an eyebrow, even though he can't see me over the phone.

"I'm sorry Lexa, I really am, but yeah, basically," Scott replies, "and Valack, a guy in Eichen, was mentioned in the special thanks part.

"Right, And Eichen is the asylum here?" I check.

"I think they prefer the term mental institution or hospital," he chuckles, "but yeah."

"Okay, so I assume we're paying him a visit?" I guess, ignoring his correction.

"Yes, do you want to come?" He asks.

"Sure, why not?" I laugh dryly, "just how I wanted to spend my evening."

"We're meeting there in ten." He tells me.

"Got it, see you in a minute." I say before hanging up the phone.

I pull on my leather jacket and my converse, before looking up the address on my phone.  Finding that it isn't too far, I decide I'll run there since my bike is still broken and I don't want to bother Derek.

I let him know that I'm heading out before exiting the loft and going downstairs.  I head into the woods to stay out of site, before sprinting the through the woods, knowing the rough direction it's in.  My speed increases until I am running, more like leaping, on all fours.  In no time, I arrive at the large building surrounded by large walls and a huge painted black, metal gate with the words 'Eichen House' in between the bars of the gate.  In front of the gate is parked Stiles' Jeep, and Scott and Stiles are standing by it as Lydia and Kira are talking into the intercom, trying to get the gates opened.

"Hey!" I shout, jogging over to them, brushing off the dirt on my hands onto my jeans.

"Hi Lexa," Scott smiles, whilst Stiles and the girls wave.  Scott turns to Stiles and asks, "are you gonna be okay in there?"

"Why? What happened?" I ask, intrigued.

"Well I was in there for a bit, when I was possessed by a nogitsune," Stiles sighs, as he explains, "And the guy who's basically in charge tried to kill me and Lydia in there, making it look like drug overdose."

"Oh." I raise my eyebrows, "sorry I asked."

"But to answer your question Scott, yeah, why?" Stiles replies.

"You just seem a little off." Scott decides, I nod alongside him, having noticed it too.

"I think we're all a little off." Stiles points out, pushing himself off of the Jeep.

"Maybe some of us more than others." Scott mutters, causing him a nod I to look back at Kira.

"Wait. What happened?" Stiles asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, when the other Chimera, Lucas, when he came after us, Kira said something in Japanese." Scott tells Stiles.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Stiles remarks.

"She doesn't know any Japanese." Scott quickly fires back.

"Still not terrible." Stiles shrugs.

"I also think I might have stopped her from killing Lucas." Scott sighs.

"Now why didn't you start with that?" I ask rhetorically.

"Good point," Stiles rolls his eyes at Scott, "wasn't he trying to kill you, though? I mean , that just sounds like self-defence." He argues, whilst rubbing the space between his shoulder and his neck, causing me to frown.