Chapter 28 - Easy Tiger

LIAM😝
Are you doing anything today? I was hoping that since we aren't dead, we can maybe try for that date..?

I read on my phone , with a grin on my face, before quickly typing a reply, not caring about displaying my eagerness.

Me
Ah yes, lacrosse. If no one tries to kill us in the next ten seconds, I will see you in the park in an hourBring your equipment.

I confidently tell him before throwing my phone down onto my bed and pulling the drawer underneath open, searching for something appropriate to wear. I decide on my classic; a pair of dark denim shorts, with a purple, black and white flannel to tie around my waist.  I pair it with a loose white t-shirt, sports bra underneath.

Entering the bathroom, I peel off my slobby clothes and climb into the shower, not bothering to let the cold water heat up, needing the refresher to wake me up properly.  I quickly wash my body and and shampoo and condition my hair, before exiting the shower, pulling one of the dark blue towels around me.  I wring out my wet hair over the bath and grab a hair and to tie it into a messy bun.  Walking out of the bathroom and back into my room, I hear my phone let out of pinging noise.  I pick it up and read the lit up screen.

LIAM😝
I left 5 minutes just to be safe and we're all alive and wellSee you at 2:15? x

I internally squeal at the kiss he put at the end of the message, but know he will be overthinking it like crazy, so quickly send one back.

Me
See you then, I'll bring snacks x

I put on my chosen outfit, a pair of socks, and my trainers before picking up my hairbrush  and combing through my tangly hair, after taking it out of the bun.  Quickly, I dry my hair partly so it's only damp and leave it to air dry in the current heat, brushing the knots the hair dryer created.

Grabbing my phone, sunglasses and ten dollar bill, to put in the back of my phone case, I walk out of my room to tell Derek of my plans.  I find him in the kitchen grabbing a glass of water and join him with a smile.

"Hey, I'm going to the park with Liam, is that cool?" I ask him, with my fingers crossed.

"Have you done some homework?" He asks sternly.

"Yes," I groan, "and I'll finish the rest tomorrow."

"Okay then," he agrees, "so is it a date or..?"

"Derek!" I exclaim, cheeks flushing red, but he continues lot look at me questioningly, "it might be. He's teaching me how to play lacrosse." I shrug.

"He's a good kid," Derek nods, "I approve." He continues, half joking, half serious.

"Good," I smile in relief, "well I better get going," I tell him, looking at the time; 1:57.

"Okay, see you," he waves, "have a good time and be safe."

"I always am." I reply with a wave as I walk out.

The park isn't far away so I decide to walk, that and my bike is still in pieces.  Once I am downstairs, I head outside and walk down the road.  After a minute or so of walking, I arrive at the corner shop (newsagent) and push open the door.  The bell rings behind me as I walk towards the snacks and sweets, which seems to be the biggest section of the store.  I pick up a share bag of crisps, one of the share boxes of Malteasers, and some Maoams, along with two large bottles of water.  I carefully carry it all over to the counter, almost dropping everything at least twice.