Chapter 4 - Eyes

ALEXA'S POV

After mentally scolding myself for letting my guard down, I decided that I was okay with it.  I've been closed up for so long it is nice to be relaxed for once.  I still need to ask Derek about the difference I've noticed, he grew up with werewolves, he must know something about it.

"Derek?" I say, my throat still a bit dry from crying, "thank you and I'm sorry for crying on you," I chuckle awkwardly.

"Anytime Alex, I'm here for you," he smiles at me.  His smile is contagious and I soon find myself grinning right back at him.

"I need to ask you about something werewolf related," I begin, "something is changing about me and I don't understand it."

"Well what is it?  I might be able to help." He offers.

"It's my eyes, they've changed colour," I slowly say.

His eyes sadden, and I raise an eyebrow in confusion, "my eyes changed colour as well Alex, when I was still in high school, I loved this girl, her name was Paige.  Peter tried to convince me to turn her, but I didn't want to, there was the chance she wouldn't survive the bite.  Peter sent someone else to bite her anyway, but she wasn't strong enough to handle the bite.  She was in pain and she asked me to stop the pain so I put her out of her misery.  By taking an innocent life my eyes changed blue," He chokes up, flashing his blue werewolf eyes at me, "Peter made me kill the love of my life."

It's my turn to hug and comfort him, it looks like Peter has ruined the lives of even more family members than I thought.

"Derek, my eyes aren't blue though," I stutter, he looks at me, "they're purple."

He gasps, "Alex, purple eyes is another role in a pack; red is the alpha, yellow are the betas, blue are the omegas and purple is the luna." he recites.

"What is a luna then?" I ask, in confusion.

"The luna is like the female alpha, even though you can have female alphas, they come from families of lunas so somewhere in your mothers family there must have been a luna.  They're the female leader of the pack and the mate of the alpha." Derek explains looking slightly awkward.

"Oh my God," I say in shock, "so does this mean that I am already mated with an alpha and I don't even know about it?"

"I don't think so, an alpha would have to mark you, no one has have they?" He says awkwardly, I guess this is an odd conversation to have with the cousin you have just met.

"How does someone mark you?" I ask, still taking it all in.

"Well, if your mate bites your neck, you would be marked, with a physical mark forever, and it will also make you feel even more drawn to each over." Derek explains.

"Oh then no," I state.

"You should know, having all four types of werewolf in a pack makes the pack stronger, and not just due to having more members." He informs me.

"Are you in Scott's pack?" I ask, "he's a true alpha isn't he?"

"Kind of, I'm not officially a member of the pack, I work better alone but I do help out with stuff, whenever things go wrong," he answers, "and um... yeah he is a true alpha."

"Oh right, so what is everyone else?  I kind of bluffed earlier saying that I knew what of all of them were, when in fact I only knew about you and Scott," I chuckle.

"Well Liam is Scott's beta, Lydia is a banshee, Malia is a were-coyote and Stiles is just Stiles," he laughs back, but suddenly his face turns serious, "you should know, you're not Peter's only daughter."

"What?! Who is it?" I gasp, doubtfully believing that someone else has gone through what I have.

"Malia, Peter is her dad and 'The Desert Wolf' as she goes by is her mum, she was given up for adoption and only found out recently that she is a Hale." He tells me quickly, seeming nervous for my reaction.

"So that's why she said I seemed familiar, especially when I said that I was related to you," I mutter, "I should go and see her."

"If you want, I can show you the way to her house if you want?" He offers.

"That'd be great, thanks Derek," I reply.

A/N
So this is the "something different/something wrong" so um yep!
I thought I'd bring in a bit of Luna and mates stuff into the book.
And I'm guessing you are starting to see how the whole Liam-Alexa-Scott love triangle is gonna work out... I'm not very subtle!
Anyway, hope you like this chapter!
Give it a vote and a comment if you did!
Adios amigos!