Chapter 32 - Looking out for You

Scott called a mini pack meeting in the library before school this morning, after the whole thing with Hayden last night. So Scott, Stiles, Liam and I meet in the library and are currently standing around an empty table. Scott unrolls a map and flattens it out onto the table.

"So we're back to telluric currents?" Stiles asks, glancing at the current markings on the map.

Scott shrugs, "if the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden."

"Good plan," I nod in agreement.

"Okay, so besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asks.

I trail my finger across the lines until I reach two lines that cross, "the school?" I raise an eyebrow at Scott.

"Yep," Scott nods proudly.

"You want to hide her in the high school?" Stiles scoffs, "for how long?"

"If we have to, all night." Scott sighs.

"Liam and I convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet." I tell Scott and Stiles, nodding in Liam's direction, referring to last night, just before she left Scott's house.

"Yeah, her sister's working a double tonight and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's." Liam continues.

"But it's just a school though," Stiles frowns, "you know, I mean it's not exactly a fortress."

"Yeah Stiles is right," I nod, "I mean Eichen kind of is a fortress yet they still got in."

"Lydia's got an idea for that." Scott tells us, "remember how Valack quoted Tesla?"

"Frequency and vibration." Stiles recites.

"She thinks that he wasn't just saying that to sound smart." Scott explains, "she thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?" I ask.

"Disrupt their frequency." Scott answers, "Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

"What about Kira?" I awkwardly bring up.

"She's decided not coming tonight," Scott tells us, "she's worried she'll mess up the currents like at Eichen."

"Scott, if this works tonight, what happens tomorrow?" I ask the question we're all thinking, "are we gonna keep trying to find places to hide her?"

"It seems that way," he gulps, like he's not telling us something, "if this works tonight, we should be able to keep her in the school for at least a few nights."

"What, so she's practically going to move in?" Liam asks, whilst I just widen my eyes.

"Yep," Scott sighs, "at least until we can think of something better to do."

"Lordy lord, okay then." I raise an eyebrow, "I'm going to go check that Theo hasn't messed up yet, Liam you can keep an eye on Hayden, and Scott and Stiles, you do whatever the hell you two do."

"I had an idea, if you connect your phone to this," Stiles holds out a smart watch, "you can film what's happening in the animal clinic, while watching it from outside," He explains, "here take the Jeep," Stiles suggests handing me the keys, "you can wait it out in there."

"Good idea," I nods, "and thanks, but I'm too young to drive," I chuckle.

"Yet you ride a motorbike at the age of fifteen," he raises an eyebrow, "I have a feeling you know how to drive."