Chapter 9 - Search Party

DEREK'S POV

"Scott don't you get it? Anything that raises the heart rate can make you shift," I sigh, pacing back and forth in the bedroom Alex was in.

"Yeah I know that Derek, what's your point?" Scott asks, frustrated.

"What emotions are you getting? From the chemosignals?" I ask him once I stop pacing, leading him through my thought process.

After closing his eyes and taking a deep breath of the air in the room the true alpha opens his eyes and replies, "anger and... anxiety."

"Anger as well all know is bad, but that mixed with anxiety, shit, it was a disaster waiting to happen." Stiles cuts in, finally figuring it out for Scott, a look of pure fear and worry on his face. He looks up for confirmation from me, to which I solemnly nod.

Malia and Lydia suddenly rush into the room with worried and confused expressions, "what's happening?" Lydia asks.

"Oh my God," Malia gasps tracing her hand over the bloody dent on the wall, she looks around the room, "where's Alex?" She demands.  I catch her up on what happened, including how Liam had ran after her.  "That little bastard was meant to be looking after her!" She fumes.

"Malia calm down, try to remember that he's the one out looking for her at the moment," Scott reasons, becoming protective of his Beta.

"Then let's get a move on and help," Malia suggests, exasperated.  We all share a nod of agreement.

"Lydia and I can go and ask my dad if there have been any calls to the station, you guys can go search the woods with Liam. Call if you find her." Stiles decides, grabbing Lydia's arm and leading her out of the room.

Malia, Scott and I all follow after where Liam and Alexa had previously jumped out the window and decide to split up.

After searching for around ten minutes I bump into Scott and shortly after, Malia.  We jog around until we hear hushed voice.  I place my finger to my lips and gesture for Malia and Scott to slowly and quietly follow me.  We round a corner and hide behind a tree.

Alex is kneeling, clawed hands held in Liam's hands, and it sounds like she's beginning to stop crying.

"Listen to me Alexa, you can do this, focus on my voice, block out everything else, just listen to my voice," I hear Liam say calmly, I feel a smile itching to show, he sounds just like Scott.

We watch as she takes a deep breath and slowly shifts back to her human self, and Liam embraces her in a comforting hug.

ALEXA'S POV

I snuggle into the crook of Liam's neck, sniffling.  Eventually we pull back and he wipes away the tears beneath my eyes with his thumbs, whilst holding my face in his hands.  I look into his eyes and we both begin to lean forward.  Suddenly my head snaps to the side, hearing a twig break.

"I was so worried about you!"  Malia exclaims, interrupting our would-be kiss.  She runs up to me and practically jumps on me as I'm kneeling on the floor, giving me a hug.  Derek walks up behind her and joins the hug, hugging the pair of us.  I notice in the corner of my eye Liam awkwardly standing up and moving to stand next to Scott.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you guys," I mutter into Malia's shoulder.  The pair squeeze me tighter.

Once we have pulled away from each other, the pair get up and Derek reaches out a hand for me.  I grab it and get up and the five of us wall in a horizontal line back to Danny's house to meet Stiles -who Scott just called- and Lydia and to drive home. We walk around the side of the house, rather than through the window and house this time and out to the road. I see Stiles and Lydia standing by Stiles' Jeep and Lydia's car. Stiles suddenly runs towards me.

"Are you okay?" Stiles mutters, grabbing my shoulders, looking into my eyes for any signs of anger or sadness, I gently nod, "Oh my god Alex, you had me so worried about you!" He says, letting out a deep breath and hugging me tightly.

"Yeah, Jesus Christ Alex, don't do that again," Lydia says as Stiles releases me, "just remember you can always to talk," she says hugging me, she pulls back and finishes with a smile, "to any of us."

I nod shyly and we all say good bye to each other, Lydia, Malia and I confirming our plans to go shopping tomorrow since I still have almost no clothes.  Derek, Stiles, Liam and I all get into Stile's jeep, with Stiles driving and Derek in the passengers seat.  Whilst Lydia, Malia and Scott get into Lydia's car.

As Stiles pulls away from Danny's house turning in the direction of Derek's loft, Liam grips my hand in his, squeezing it.  He looks up at me with a reassuring smile, which I surprisingly manage to return.

Soon we arrive at the loft after a silent journey. As Derek and I are getting out the car I turn back and give Liam a tight hug, whispering "thank you," in his ear.

"Anytime," he whispers back, still hugging me.

Once I've gotten out of the car I look through the passenger seats window which Stiles rolls down, "I'm sorry, for ruining everyone's night, can you let the others know as well."  I apologise.

"You didn't ruin it Alex," Stiles says softly, "you just made it all the more exciting!" He chuckles.

I crack a smile that he points to childishly with a proud expression.  I back away from the car and wave to the pair and walk with Derek to the entrance of the building, his arm hind loosely over my shoulder. It's been a long day and I honestly can't wait to get into my comfy new bed and go to sleep.

A/N

1006 words of chapterness people be proud!
So they found her!
And there was a bit of a Lilex? Laxex? Lilexa?Moment!
What do you think of those ship names?, if you can come up with a better one let me know in comments!
If you like this chapter plz vote then I'll marry you! Sound good?😂
See you later alligator!