Chapter 23 - Monster

LIAM'S POV

I gasp and look around, out of no where Peter appears behind me.

"I know where we are." He calmly says.

"Where?" I ask.

"Well, in her mind of course," he chuckles, "but we are at her last permanent home."

"The one where-" I start to say.

"Yes, where I murdered her mother." He finishes, with a roll of his eyes.

Both of our heads dart to another room in the house when we hear a scream.

"You better stay hidden, if she's sees you, she'll lose it." I order.

He surprisingly nods and only follows me down the hallway and then crouches behind a bookshelf.

I quietly walk into the room and am shocked by what I seeIt breaks my heart to see, as Alexa had told us, beaten and bloody, on the floor screaming for him to stop hurting her mother, except she isn't eight years old, she's fifteenA younger version of Peter was bent down punching and kicking, who I can only assume was Alexa's mom.

Alex's screams are suddenly silenced with a gasp, she chokes on her sobs in shockI turn to look back at the younger Peter and her mother, only to find Peter is no longer there. Instead another Alex has taken his place.

I scramble down to the original Alex's side, sliding along the floor on my knees to her.

"Alex, listen to me! Listen!" I exclaim, shaking her shoulders.

She is in a daze, tears constantly streaming down her face, completely oblivious to my presence. I continue to try and shake her out of it, but nothing is working.

I decide the only thing I can do is try to reach her wolf side. I let out a ground-shaking roar and I shift into my werewolf form, my eyes creating a yellow glow on her face in the dark house.