Chapter 8 - The Ruin

LIAM'S POV

I spot Mason chatting with a guy in it grade and lead Alexa over to them.

"Oh hey Liam," Mason grins, "who's this lovely lady?" He says subtly raising his eyebrow at me, with the other guy subtly saying goodbye to him and walking away.

"What's up Mason, this is Alexa," I introduce.

"Hey, you can call me Alex for short," she smiles, "I'm Derek's cousin, Malia's half sister."

"Well its a pleasure to meet you," Mason states.

"Good to meet you too," she laughs.

I smile, looks like she just made a new friend. I want Alexa to enjoy high school and have as comfortable a transition as she can, and I know I can trust these two to help me with that. I snap out of my thoughts when Alex stops chatting to Mason and faces me.

"I'm just gonna go to the toilet and then maybe get a drink I'll be back in bit," she smiles shyly.

"Okay, we'll stay here so you can find us," I reply squeezing the hand that I am still holding before letting go.

ALEXA'S POV

I hear a smashing sound and I hold back a flinch. I make an excuse to Liam and walk out of the main living-kitchen-dining part of the house, into the hallway and into a bedroom, thankfully I find it empty. I close and lock the door and begin to pace, my breathing becomes heavy and tears begin to stream down my face.

Pathetic little girl, why are you crying?

Deal with your issues idiot, stop whining.

You'll never get anywhere in life like this.

I weave my hands into my hair and scream, bending my knees in the process. That plate smashing begins to bring back memories of Peter when he would turn up and break things.  The thoughts continue swarming around my mind. Peter's sadistic smile keeps flashing in head. I take a fist and punch the nearest wall. Again and again, I must have punched it at least thirty times. Tears still streaming down my face, too focused on my fear and anger, I don't notice someone banging on the door.

I slowly back away from the wall, and the dent I left in it, along with the blood smeared across it. I back myself into the corner of the room and curl into a ball, wrapping my numb hands around me.

STILES' POV

I zone out as Scott blabbers on about whatever as I see Liam rushing over to us.

"Scott, Stiles, Alex said she was going to the toilet and she hasn't come back, it's almost been ten minutes," Liam says, looking worried as ever.

"Maybe she made a friend and is chatting to them," Scott reasons, staying calm and collected.

"That's not all, I heard someone scream, it might have been her, didn't you hear it Scott," Liam adds. I hadn't heard a scream, although with the loud music and my severe lack in supernatural hearing I'm not surprised.

"I did... yeah," Scott begins to look nervous. Derek begins walking over, clearly having heard the rest of the conversation, with the most concerned expression I have ever seen on the sour wolf's face.

"Okay, Scotty you seem worried, now I'm worried," I pipe in.

"Derek do you have a scent? Can you find her? I haven't got her scent yet." Scott explains.

"I have, I can find her," the young Beta cuts in before Derek has the chance to reply. I quirk an eyebrow at Liam's rapid reply.

Liam takes a deep breath and sniffs the air, his head snaps towards the back of the house and he begins practically running in the same direction. The group of us follow behind. He leads us to a door to what I assume is a bedroom and the three werewolves use their superhuman hearing to listen into the room, whereas I place my ear against the door. I just about hear a very faint sniffling, due to the loud music.

"That's got to be her, her scent's gotten much stronger," Liam says, looking almost as though he'll be the one sniffling with worry and fear soon. He grabs the door handle and tries to open the door, but it appears to be locked, Scott, Liam and I begin to bang on the door begging Alex to us in. Derek shoved the three of us out of the way and kicks the door, breaking it out of its hinges.

What we see shocks me. Alex is curled up tightly in the corner of the room, rocking back and forth, breathing heavily, a constant stream of tears falling down her face. This isn't the same girl who tricked us into falling for the fact the legal guardian documents didn't got through, or the girl who was confident and sassy on the day we met her. This girl was broken.

DEREK'S POV

I rush quicker than all the others to Alex and place my hands on her shoulders to try to calm her down. Her eyes snap open, up to mine, the purple werewolf glow piercing out of them, shocking me.  She grabs my forearms and tries to pull my arms away from her shoulders, I hold my ground.  I notice the blood staining her knuckles and frown.  Suddenly a searing pain in my arms, causing me to gasp and loosen my grip for a split second, and in that time she pushes me away from her and across the room with a growl, making me it the floor with a groan.  I watch as she jumps out of the window and runs off before we can stop her, and before we know it Liam has jumped out and followed behind her.  I acknowledge the cuts on my arms from her claws healing and turn to look at Scott and Stiles with a worried expression.

"Hey, uh Derek?  You haven't noticed her having any sort of anger issues have you?" Stiles asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"No, why? All I saw was some blood on her knuckles-" I understand what Stiles is talking about when I see the wall he is looking at.  It has pretty big dent in it along with a small amount of blood smeared across the dent.

"Shit," Scott mutters.

A/N

Dun dun duuuuhhh!!! So bit of a cliffhanger and a dramatic ending for you this time!
Peter and her past is still affecting Alexa so that's pretty bad for her...
Anyhoo, if you liked this chapter plz vote it makes me happy!
And comment your thoughts and any spelling mistakes I won't be mad!
Love y'all toodles!!