Chapter 31 - Another Chimera

After carrying out an amazing plan, by yours truly, which consisted of stealing a stretcher and a body bag.  Stiles, Theo and I managed to get the boy's body to the animal clinic, deciding to meet Scott there.

Stiles pulls the blue blanket off of the boy's face, to show Scott.

"You know him?" I ask, acknowledging the look on Scott's face.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior." Scott tells us, sadly, slowly pacing around the room.

The three of us a share a look, before Stiles covers Josh's face back up.

"Which one did it?" Scott asks, "the one with the cane?"

We decided not to tell Scott that it was Theo, reluctantly on my behalf.

I look to Theo for an answer, subtly raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Theo replies, voice shaking slightly.

"What are we going to do with him?" Stiles asks, "we can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared."

Scott looks at us, shaking his head and shrugging.

"All right, someone's got to stay here with him." Stiles decides.

"I'll do it." Theo sighs.

Scott, Stiles and I turn to look at him.

"What? It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." He shrugs.

Scott's phone vibrates and he quickly pulls it out of his pocket, eyes widening as he reads off the screen.

"What is it?" I ask, dread evident in my voice.

"Another one, another chimera." Scott looks up from his phone at us.

"Come on, let's go," Stiles sighs, holding up his car keys, "you, behave." He points at Theo, making him roll his eyes.

We rush outside and jump into the Jeep, me in backseat of course.  And drive as fast as we can to Scott's house.

"Who is it?" I ask, "the Chimera?" I specify.

"A girl called Hayden, she's in your grade," Scott tells me, "she's the one who tried to help Tracy-"

"Oh, yep, I know exactly who she is." I resist rolling my eyes. "Who figured out it was her?" I press.

"Uh, Liam." Scott replies distractedly, whilst typing on his phone.

"Right," I mutter, sitting back from my position learnt forward between them.

Shortly afterwards, we park up outside of Scott's house and run inside.  Scott leads the way up the stairs, Stiles and I shortly behind him, the three of us climbing three steps at a time.  Scott pushes the door to his room open to find Liam stood there, a worried look etched onto his face.

I look at him with confusion, due to the lack of Hayden.  He juts his head towards the closed door of Scott's ensuite bathroom.

Scott sighs before walking towards the door knocking gently, then pressing his ear against the door to listen for her, "Hayden? It's Scott." He explains through the door, "I know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help."  Silence follows, causing Scott to turn around to Liam, "I can hear her heart beating.  She's really freaked out, what happened?"

I listen to her heartbeat and my eyes widen at the speed, the poor girl's terrified.  As much as she seems really bitchy, even I feel slightly bad for her, she didn't ask to be put in this position.  Plus the only reason I don't like her is because of Liam, so technically I have no fair reason to dislike her.