Chapter 33 - Where's Liam?

"Hey! HEY! Lexi, come on! WAKE UP!" I hear a voice say, swamped with worry, as a hand shakes me desperately.

I force my eyes open, and they widen when I feel the smoke in my lungs.  I begin to cough violently before deeply breathing in the fresh air.

"Oh thank god," the voice, who was Theo, mutters, pulling me into a tight hug, making me sit up.

He lets go of me and let's put a deep breath, his face bruised a dark purple colour, and blood trickling down from his nose across his lips.  "The body... the body's gone."

"FUCK!" I shout, before burying my head in my hands.

[Season 5 Episode 8]

Theo stands up from his position crouched beside me and picks up a fire extinguisher that had been tossed aside. He uses it to put out the remaining flames spread over his car before turning back to me, as I carefully pull a bit of broken glass out of my lower neck, wincing slightly.

"We should get you to the hospital," he tells me, "you took in a lot of smoke." He doesn't mention the glass I just pulled out as it begins to heal almost immediately.

"I'll heal, I'm fine," I brush him off, before helping him tip his car back over, "see? Fine. Stiles is gonna kill me." I grimace looking at the beloved wrecked Jeep.

Suddenly the police scanner in the Jeep somehow whirs to life.

"Suspect in 1-8-7 is in custody and en route to station, suspects name is Yukimura, Kira."

My eyes widen, and I turn to look at Theo.

"What's a 1-8-7?" He asks, acknowledging the shock and confusion on my face.

"Homicide." I mutter, but he hears me. I snap out of it and my head snaps the his direction, "Scott's house, now, come on!"

"My car," He suggests, "let's go."

We climb in and Theo quickly starts up the engine and we drive out of the animal clinic car park and onto the main road.

When we reach Scott's house, the sun has begun to rise, considering that it was four in the morning whilst he were waiting for someone to steal the body.

We burst through the front door and see Malia and Stiles in the living room. They stand up as we enter.

"Did you find out who's stealing the-" Stiles begins to ask but I cut him off.

"No, whatever dick is doing it, punched Theo," I gesture to the blood splattered on my face and clothes "then flipped your car. Sorry." I grimace.  He simply shakes his head as to tell me not to worry about it at the moment.

"Are you okay?" Malia frantically asks, stepping towards me, grabbing my face in her hands, checking for any injuries and wiping away the blood.

"Yes, Yes! I'm fine," I gently push her off of me, "how about you? Did the plan work?" I ask.

The pair look at each other.

"The plan?" I repeat, "to keep Hayden safe?"

They visibly gulp.

"Where's Hayden?" I furrow my eyebrows, before my heart sinks, "w-where's L-Liam?"

"The Dread Doctors took them." Stiles says, not able to meet my eye.

"No," I shake my head, refusing to believe what he's telling me, "no, no, no, they can't-, no, they can't have, NO!" I stumble back and drop myself onto the sofa.

"Hey shhh," Malia takes a seat beside me and pulls me into a one-sided hug, "it'll be okay, we're going to find them."

I quickly wipe away my tears and take a deep breath, I need to focus, no time for tears.