Chapter 13

Mum had left to go get our car from the airport all the way in Brighton today, so we had the house to ourselves all day. We decided to go grab breakfast at a little place in town, then we went shopping. The mall was packed, given it was a Saturday. I bought Some rings at Forever 21, While Tess went crazy in the dressing rooms. she ended up buying about seventy dollars worth of high waisted skinny jeans and black and gray crop tops from that place.

"Hey, let's go to Pacsun." Tess suggested, only because she knew Luke worked there.

"Tess," I said "He wants us to have a fun weekend without him."

"Who? Who's him?" She smirked and dragged me into Pacsun, where Luke was working at the cashier.

He noticed us the second we walked in. He smiled wide at me. I rolled my eyes playfully at Tess, but I smiled back at him.

"Oh, Luke works here?" she giggled and dragged me off to a corner of the store. A short while later, Luke came over to us.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips. "Hello. You must be Tess. " He's shook her hand. Her face was gleaming.

"And you must be Luke, who Ana didn't tell me about until I came here, hi." She said. I elbowed her in the side.

"Uhm, she's kidding." I said with a small fake laugh.

Tess looked at me, then gave me a look like 'Oh, okay don't mention that.' and said,

"Ha! I am yeah, no she's told me loads about you."

"I'm glad. I've gotta get back to work though, text me later?" Luke said, then kissed my forehead and walked back to the cash register.

"Tess oh my God!" I whispered. "What the hell was that?!"

"Nothing...and stop whispering. He's halfway across the store, calm down." she said as she looked through a pile of tank tops.

I sighed, and dragged her out of the store, waving at Luke as we left.

We got home a little while later, and went through everything we bought. Tess bout a ton of crop tops and shorts and skinny jeans and tank tops, all do which I could never wear because I just wasn't confident enough. I bought some rings, because I tend to wear a lot of them, a big chain necklace, and a couple flannels, along with a pair of black leggings and a long sleeved Arctic Monkeys tee shirt.

"This would look way cuter on you. Keep it." Tess said handing me a tank top.

I looked at her. "Tess, I-" She shut me up.

"No, you're going to wear it and you're going to look really cute so please take it."

I sighed, but I put it in my drawer just to make her happy. I knew I wouldn't wear it. We ordered Chinese takeout later on, and edited some photos I took at the beach with Luke earlier that week. Tess likes film and photography just as much as I do. She was majoring in it in Brighton.

I was scrolling through the photos, when Tess stopped me at one.

"Look at that one." she said.

I clicked it. It was a picture of Luke walking along the beach the first time I saw him there. He didn't see the camera then, and I guess I didn't see that he was in frame.

"That's a keeper. Frame it." Tess said to me while taking a bite of her weird unusual food she had ordered. I smiled at her.

I started to edit it, and make it black and white. But the picture alone was so perfect, so I undid all the editing, and printed it out a piece of photo paper, and framed it in an extra frame mum had left in my room. It was the first picture I had of Luke alone. I set it next to my plants on my dresser.

Mum got home a few hours later. We all sat at the kitchen table and talked about life until midnight, and then we decided to finally go to sleep. Tess passed out right away, but I stayed on my laptop, looking at my pictures. I found the picture Luke took of me. I was covering my face, but you could still see one of my eyes. You could tell I was smiling. I printed this one out, and framed it as well.

I was going to give it to Luke.