Chapter 4

The movers had left within the hour, and my Mum and I were left with an empty house, and a lot of boxes.

"Alright, what do you want to put together first?" Mum said, wiping some sweat off of her face.

"Is it okay if we do my room?" I asked. Mum smiled.

"Okay, help me with the boxes?" she asked. I nodded, and grabbed a box.

After we had everything of mine in the room, we started to put my bed back together. I got another text from Tess.

"Everything okay? Send me a pic of ur room!" she said.

I took a picture of it, as it was and said,

"So posh, ya? lol."

Once we were done with the bed, we put all my furniture up and added all the small details in. it looks really nice. my bed had dark wood, like the floor. it had a white comforter, with a dark gray extra blanket. we put my bed in the middle of the back wall. my dresser was opposite of it, also white. It had my television, and a mall plate of plants. also a ton of candles. Above that was a black and white picture of a park on Brighton that I took. in one drawer I kept all my camera equipment. I also had a bookshelf of e wall opposite of my bathroom, next to a window. it was dark wood, and full of books. I liked to read. my bathroom was filled with all of my own shower things, along with a few candles and some white towels, and all my make up. we hung some more black and white photos I took around the room, and a picture of my mum and I on the bookshelf.

"Like it?" Mum asked.

I nodded, and smiled. "Thank you." I said to her.

She embraced me in a hug, "We're starting over." she kissed my forehead, and left me alone in my room.

I took another picture of my room, and sent it to Tess,

"Final product. any thoughts?"

She replied, "just, wow." I smiled.

***********

"Dinner!" Mum yelled from downstairs. I had been texting Tess.

"I gtg, first dinner in the new house." I sent to her.

"byeee!" she replied.

I went downstairs. Mum had ordered Chinese takeout. we ate, talking about the new house, college, everything. after I was done, I said,

"Mum, I haven't seen the backyard yet? can I get a look?" I asked. She nodded, so I went out the glass doors in the family room. The first thing I saw was the pool in the middle. I was surprised Mum would buy a house with a pool. Surrounding it were trees and plants. it really was lovely. In the very back, by the fence, was an old metal swing set. it had two swings. I liked it, because it was so real. I almost couldn't see it from where I was. I smiled.

I came back in.

"I'm going to run a bath." I told mum. she nodded, and I went upstairs. I went back out on my balcony, and took another look at the yard. it was beautiful. I saw a treehouse in the neighbors house. it was lovely. I wished we had one. I ran myself a bath, took off all my makeup, and put on a pair of leggings and an oversized sweater my grandpa had when he was in the army. My grandfather died, and the sweater meant a lot to me.

I sat on my balcony for a while, and watched the sun set. when it was dark, I left my room and went down the hall. there was a small door, which led to the attic. I hadn't seen it, so I went up there, I really liked it. there was a small window looking at the front of the house. it was empty, and secluded, and quiet. I ran downstairs to Mum.

"Uhm, are we using the attic?" I asked her.

"No, not yet....why?" she replied.

I contemplated telling her that I wanted to use it, but I decided not to. I wanted it to me secret, for me.

"No reason, just wondering..." I said. she nodded, with a. confused look on her face.

I bit my lip slightly, then ran back upstairs. I took a bunch of extra blankets and pillows that Mum stored in my closet and brought them into the attic. I laid them out, along with a dim lamp, and some candles. I also brought my camera equipment into the attic. I really loved it. It was mine. I took out my phone and took another picture. I sent it to Tess saying,

"Found a place to be happy here." with the picture attached.

She send me back a smiley face, to which I smiled back at. I ran downstairs and took my laptop back in to the attic.

I then got my camera, and room pictures if the little heaven I had created. I found one, made it black and white, and posted it to my Tumblr. I then laid back on my pike of pillows, closed my eyes, and thought about how maybe it wouldn't be so horrible here.