Chapter 33 - Where's Liam?

Începe de la început

The door slams open and Scott storms in with a stressed yet determined look on his face.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles asks him.

He keeps walking past us and up the stairs, completely ignoring our presence.

"Scott?" Theo frowns.

I rush up the stairs shortly behind him and overhear a boy speaking.

"Sorry, I'm only on chapter two," the boy apologises, "I'm kind of a slow reader."

"Oh, that's okay, Corey," I hear Mason assure him. I didn't even know there was anyone else here aside from Stiles, Malia, Theo and I.

"He's right. We don't have time for that anyway." Scott interrupts, marching into his room.

"No, Scott, don't!" Lydia yells.

I rush through the doorway to see the boy, Corey sitting on the bed, with Scott harshly inserting his claws into the back of his neck. Corey gasps, his lower lip trembling.

Malia, Stiles and Theo finally rush through the door, shock spread across there faces.

"Don't get too close," Lydia advises.

"What is he doing?" Theo asks.

"Tapping into Corey's memories, it's usually something only alphas do." I answer, "it's what Peter had to do to me, to wake me up."

"To wake you up?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah..." I reply confused, "when I crashed my bike." I try to remind him.

"When did this happen?" He asks exasperated.

"The night I was in hospital," Lydia replies for me.

"I assumed you knew," I shrug, Stiles continues to look lost, "when you all thought I'd killed Tracy, I was riding my bike to the hospital, I lost control and still ended up at the hospital, just in one of the beds."

"So where did Peter come into this?" Stiles furrows his eyebrows, seeming annoyed as to why he wasn't let in on this bit of information.

"Well I was meant to be healing, it wasn't like it was wolfsbane or anything," I explain, "Malia and Liam found me, then called Derek, who called Peter, to do this," I gesture to Scott and Corey, "it was a mental thing."

"Right and Peter, your childhood demon, lead you out?" Stiles raises an eyebrow, "and what was the mental thing?"

"Peter also did it to Liam, he lead me out," I tell him, slightly glaring and slightly rolling my eyes at his comment, "and the mental thing, Stiles, was that my supposed friends all thought I'd killed someone! Like father, like daughter I suppose!" I start to shout at him, growing more and more annoyed by his obnoxiousness.

He looks down guiltily, before Theo breaks the silence.

"Is this as dangerous as it looks?" He asks, walking closer to Scott and Corey, and inspecting them, whilst bringing the packs attention back to the situation at hand.

"Probably more," Lydia sighs.

"Does anyone know if it's working?" Mason nervously asks, scratching his chin.

Before anyone can answer, Scott's eyes open and he stumbles back gasping.  Stiles and Theo quickly catch him, and let go once he's steady.

Whilst Lydia and I rush to see if Corey is okay.

"Is he okay?" Scott murmurs.

"What the hell did you do to me?" Corey exclaims, a look of horror and distress adorning his features.