chapter=13 Party scene2(edited)

Guess what? I just checked we are #90 in ranking thank you so much everyone....love you all please keep voting and commenting.....❤

Zainab:
Everyone was waiting patiently what he will say he is so unpredictable I was checking at the clock every now and then for it to strike ten pm so me and other maids leave whether the announcements were made or not.

"Yes dad I have someone in my mind, "I was snapped out of my thoughts by his voice but I didn't dare look up I was glad I wore the niqab.

"You are free to mention anyone it's your choice," his dad told him and I saw people were smiling as if loving their bond between father and son...I know how his father as this is all show off.

"I want Zainab to be my assistant," he finally said it and it just clicked in my mind he said Zainab? who Zainab? there must be someone else, not me as there were many other Zainab here in party but it can't be me they will never accept what was he even thinking?was he even in his senses?

I was about to leave from my spot as other maids left as soon as it struck ten pm and now it was 10.05 pm and I was still here.

I glanced towards evil aunt she was glaring at me if  I was near me she would have chocked me. Ya Allah, what was Zahid up to?

Just when I was about to leave party room I stopped dead on my tracks my one feet on the air and I stepped back inside room frozen.

"Zainab Hassan, I want you to be my assistant in our company handling all work," Zahid said and I started feeling nervous scared I didn't turn to see people's reaction.

I knew all pairs of eyes were on me including people who dislike me why was Zahid making it difficult for me? why was he after me?  what will I say even in his crowd?

"How will she handle everything when she doesn't even know English properly or how to handle herself?" my uncle questioned him(his dad)in irritated tone he didn't like his son's idea and he was judging me again I thought for second he was different but he said it in front of all it's not like I don't know English I know but i'ts, not my first language it hurt a lot in front of hundreds of people him saying that.

I still didn't turn back I stood there instead of running away I wiped my tears just then I thought Zahid will change his decision another voice was heard evil aunt's voice(his mum)it hurt more than before.

"She's niqabi and she's always not listening to what we say or not on time and just low-class maid, how will she help you?" his mother's words hurt more deep down my heart was crushed I know they will always hate me just like they hated my family how did my mom dad and sis live with them?

She was saying I was niqabi and low class while herself once was same,  did she forget that she was poor? staying with us and now when they have money popularity family then relations didn't matter.

"Mom dad please," he said only please instead of saying not to judge or defending me that's how these people are I wiped my tears what was I even still doing here listening to their hurtful words?

"She's just an orphan Zahid her parents and sister no more what else do you know about her?"Rehmat said supporting her parents so she knew only that I was orphan but not their cousin guess the mother didn't find necessary to inform her that we were related.

She knows even about my sister and she disclosed it in front of Zahid and everyone including all strangers my throat felt dry voice didn't seem to come out like usual it brought painful memories.

I am glad she didn't know what else happened to me and she didn't find out more about me it was the dark past worst phase of my life I thanked Allah for that.

So what if my parent's were no more am still breathing I have feelings am human and these people had no right to insult me or judge me I will have to be strong and face them but how? and everyone was here except grandparents where were they?

"So Zainab will you accept my offer and be my assistant?yes or no?" he asked again I have to show these people what I am capable of doing and am capable of handling my life so what if am low-class maid or orphan or know less English there are those who come first in class and are still at home doing nothing.

"Yes or No?" my back was still facing them I heard his voice he was waiting patiently it seemed like waiting eagerly for my reply.

I wiped my tears and stood there thinking I know some people were glaring at me while some waiting for my reply and I know what to reply thought it will change everything I was nervous scared I had never spoken between hundreds of people but for everything, there's the first time and I smiled I know he was waiting for my reply.

"Yes, or No?he asked and everyone else whispered and asked each other what do you think will maid  say yes or no?"I heard those next to me whisper and question each other in low voice but I still heard.

****
Want some more updates anytime soon?
Please drop your views
Updating back this book for you all.

***********

Thank you so much, 1.46k viewers, Alhamdulillah.
Keep voting and commenting.