chapter=6 Where should I be then?(edited)

One day you will thank Allah(GOD)for the doors he closed, you will realize and be grateful it didn't work for Allah plans best far better than our wishes.
1500 words.

Zainab:

Evening approached pretty soon and it was meal time but I was still battling on what to do next?

Should I go on with the work? Or should I rest as it is I wasn't told when to resume to the mansion and start my work that evil aunt thought I knew everything?

Almost 6 pm; the time to clean up the dining sitting and other outside rooms. Ya Allah help me to survive with these people! They act so loving in front of strangers and all that show off ah how can they put on that fake smile for so long and hurt their own loved ones?

My mind was so confusing with what the guy informed me and why was he after me? The fat, unappealing and poor girl who didn't even have a house to settle? who lived like a maid in her own relative's house?

I bet once he looks at me he won't even spare me a second glance, he will back out instantly and find someone his match, rich vs rich always suit yeah?

I should stay away from him...that's a good idea. Zainab stay away! First the mansion and now him. Lower your gaze whether you're staying with guy whose stranger or not, Rules are rules, you have been following them since young so nothing changes now even if there's a guy in mansion lower your gaze or stay away from him. I thought again.

You don't have to change yourself for people, the right people will love you the way you are.

I changed into something more comfortable, black stocking and green long top with green hijab. I wrapped my hair into a ponytail and wore large spectacles purposely and took the things which were needed to clean.

I can't wait for Monday; especially or other maids to resume, then at least work will be less. I checked the time...and my eyes widened, oh no...! It's already 7 pm I went and thankfully the door was open.

The sight never fails to amaze me and it always takes my breath away but some credit goes to me also for keeping it clean and tidy yeah? those lazy bones are good for nothing.

The patient person gets the best result.

I entered and heard several voices, at least they were coming from other sofas and tables. They have a separate small area for evening meal, wow money speaks but money doesn't buy everything.

There are some who have less and they have a smile on their faces they always appreciate but those who have too much always complain. "Have you ever noticed?"

My first stop was in the kitchen. I thought of cleaning it before the chef started working since they did turns and the one who accepted me as a daughter; was on duty today. Yes!

"Assalamualeikum, "I greeted him to which he replied waleikumsalam and welcomed me with a warm smile but soon his smile vanished and it made me wonder what was wrong? Did they say anything to him?

"Please uncle chef just tell me what is wrong, maybe I could help you?"I went near and arranged my cleaning materials down, waiting for him to continue.

"Please you have always assisted me; I know something is wrong," I said again so he knows am not backing out when he's in need.

Sometimes strangers feel like they have been part of us since long while closed ones feel apart.

"Dear, my wife is very sick and I just don't know what to do?" he said while rubbing his tears away and looking away.

Some love stories are just amazing."Please ask for leave if your wife needs you, "I explained to him but he said he just took leave three weeks ago just before I came and it would be wrong to ask again. He just needed tonight to be with his wife then their son will be coming down to stay with her and still dinner wasn't made.

"Don't worry I will make dinner you just go, "I started chopping vegetables and fruits and he stopped me.

"They will blast at you and you don't know these people just do your work I will handle it," he said but I pushed him until he was outside the door and I smiled because no one saw. I chuckled at him and he whispered a thank you.

Let's begin cooking delicious dinner till that aunt praises you Zainab.

I made one by one dish for tonight and finally everything was ready. The aroma filled my nostrils and I added extra chillies kept it aside in case anyone preferred chillies. I made tortilla (round-shaped). I was glad mum taught me. I always loved cooking.

*Saturday night*
I served food on the table, every dish was prepared by me. I went to the kitchen to clean it but no one knew who made the food. I stopped when I heard someone yelling from the table.

"What's this? Is this even food?" the evil aunt's voice echoed and my face turned pale. I had tasted and checked the food before serving, everything was okay then?

My hands began to shiver when uncle started to ask for salt.

"Chef Raza, what happened today? we never eat this food on Saturday. "He asked; his voice filled with bitterness and my legs moved slowly, how should I tell them it was my mistake?

Aunt was steaming with fury when I was close and I looked down.

"Where is the chef damn it?" she asked while standing up and throwing the handkerchief on the table.

Then cook food for yourself I thought...I just wanted them to eat Indian food. I have seen them eating..so they had something special on Saturday? May be barbeque?

"Sorry ma'am, the chef's wife was sick and he needed a night with her so I decided to cook for tonight, "I explained with fear and lump formed in my throat my voice wasn't even as loud.

"I just knew it! Indian food on Saturday, who else could make?'' she said and I stood rooted on my spot.

I wiped my tears and glanced up to see Rehmat eating quietly if the food wasn't delicious why were these two continuing to eat? she looked at her brother whose focus was on the food as if it was most delicious and a smile appeared on her face. Later on; they both looked at each other without meeting my eye... it hurt.

Yesterday he was talking of knowing ml that...it was all a spur of a moment. I just knew it and today as if nothing happened.

"We will just order something else, "the evil aunt said and went upstairs while her husband followed like a puppet. I ran away into the kitchen, wiped my tears and waited for them to finish eating so I could pick it up. I started washing the empty dishes.

"Whether anyone loved it or not the food was yummy," I jumped backwards and collided on the hard chest, his voice startled me. The same voice which I was avoiding. His words, they were in my head all the time.

I looked down immediately, I didn't want any affair with a guy but how can I avoid him when he was so near all the time? In the same house?

"Food wasn't good, they said it, "I said in a low voice and moved away from him. My back still facing him. He still hasn't noticed me and neither have I.

"So you believe them and not me," his voice sounded a bit quiet but he didn't like what I said, he said it while his voice was raised a bit.

What was he still doing here?

"Thank you but you shouldn't be here, "I moved away to the door to go further away from him and picked up more utensils. His sister must have finished eating.

As soon as I reached the door, a figure blocked my way. I looked everywhere but at him. My heart was beating fast already, it hasn't even been a day and he was creating something which I wanted to push away, he was still blocking me with his large frame leaning against the door with his legs crossed by the ankle...ahhhh...

"Where should I be then?" he asked me. His voice smooth and intense and my eyes widened now what should I even say to that? He doesn't know anything about me and he confuses me with all his words and question...Maybe if I look up he will back away. If someone catches us I will be gone today.

Note:
Thank you so much, 300 viewers, Alhamdulillah.

Do you love these two? Zahid and Zainab?❤