chapter=9 Zahid:I want to know her(edited)

Why judge people when you don't know their story?

Zahid:
It's been 5 years but it feels like it just happened yesterday with a blink of an eye everything changes, life is full of surprises and life is short but at the end, life goes on. We all have to move on and that's the step I took after whatever happened. I moved to Malaysia for studies and stuff.

I was almost done with my packing-which is always last minute, seriously this bad habit of mine. I stared at my clothes, I took and packed all of them since I will be going back home forever to India. My homeland but I will miss my roommates, my fun days but that's life we have social apps to be in touch.

I stared at pictures of my family sometimes you don't realize some stuff until you move away.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder but does it always work?

From the day I came here, I missed them every single day. I wished they had come with me or I had been with them but I had to move on after whatever happened.

I am Zahid 26 years of age 6"2" feet tall and rest about me you will know later am the only heir to our family. We are quite wealthy and well known, sometimes I prefer to enjoy a normal life without being sighted by reporters. It's like they don't have any other work to do but that's their work.

Dad will soon resign he spoke to me last week and said in a stern firm voice that I have to handle our family business Z&R company. I know he needs rest at this age so I just agreed without further arguments.

Our parents have done so much for us but sometimes we forget to agree to their wishes but they still fulfil our demands.

I reached the airport earlier, just too excited to reach home and meet my parents and annoying sister but most caring and loving sister though I miss two most amazing precious people every day.

Flight has been delayed. Damn it and I really hate waiting at airports.

*****
Once I entered our mansion, everything seemed the same, familiar scent of food filled my nostrils once we were near people talking non-stop; been five years time flies, while we were heading to our rooms something caught my attention or someone...wait there was someone under the table. Really who hides there? I kept staring at the person's hands since we were far they were seen as if it was short girl or guy, well, I am observant but mum and dad? they didn't see and am glad for that. Sometimes they can be overprotective and mean, truth is bitter but at the end, they are my parents.

I thought of catching her or him red-handed but then just shrugged my shoulders and shook my head.

I was too weary and needed to freshen up but I wanted to do something exciting so once mum and dad were leaving for their rooms I stared back and was she a girl???

"Who was she?"I followed her without making any sound of footsteps.

"Next time hide in a better place, "I told her as if I was being strict but she just amused me and she became still, her body froze. She didn't say anything but mum had to interrupt. I don't know why but I felt like protecting her from mum...why? I have no idea and the words left my mouth before I could stop them, she even apologised to mum.

*****

I wanted to know her. She was different, I found out she was a maid but I felt something. I don't know why I felt like I know her from somewhere and I wanted to know her. I will try my best, I have never ever approached any girl I had always been busy but now I just don't know.

I was busy with some documents on laptop and I heard a soft knock there she stood again, the one and only one who was on my mind since I came but she didn't even bother to know who I was? she lowered her gaze.

What surprised me was that she didn't know my name. Once I reached the table they all said awful words about the food but dinner was good. I love Indian dishes and when I complimented her she took my parents words to heart more than mine.

Ya Allah, what will I do! at least now she knows my name or she doesn't. I told her I trust her to make her feel comfortable but all of sudden she was avoiding me even with uncle chef, she was friendly. I knew something was up especially when she told me to excuse me sir I am maid? Sir? Damn it...

I wanted to hear my name from her mouth and all she said was sir? Aghhhh! I banged my hand on the door once she escaped, it hurt and then I glanced towards uncle chef. I know he knows what's up with her. They seem close.

"Please uncle tell me, "I pleaded but he didn't even look my way, he was busy preparing some dish.

I will have to work hard to find out.

"Please I want to know my mistake at least then I can ask for forgiveness, "I tried explaining to uncle chef who was totally on strange girl's side. I was laughing at her because she didn't know my name but what about me? I have never asked her name yet? Like Seriously?

What's happening to me?

"Just because you will ask for forgiveness it won't help. Your words have hurt her a lot dear, why did you have to say that in front of your parents? All negative stuff about her. She has low self-esteem and low confidence," he finished while giving me a glass of water and I drank it within three gulps.

"Ya Allah, what did I do?"I didn't know she was behind us hiding. I really hurt her unwillingly that's why she was avoiding me. I will have to apologize by hook or crook. I told her I trust her and I judged her? Damnit.

Uncle chef just smiled at me and the next thing he told me increased my curiosity. I wanted to know her. Why was she a maid? Where were her family?

"She has gone through a lot, "uncle chef whispered after peeking to see if anyone was there and I nodded understanding. They had a bond, uncle chef was always like my father and maybe she trusted him also.

"How will I ask for forgiveness if she keeps on avoiding me?" I asked uncle chef. Now he was supporting me since I realized my mistake.

"She will come in the evening, give her space for now and her name is Zainab," he said and my smile widened. Wow! We both had the same initials.

I know the main step will be asking for forgiveness......let's see how long she will resist me? If my words hurt her then my words will make her forgive me.....I have already thought of what to say and what to do but I have to wait till evening...It's only1pm...

*******

To be continued😛

Note:
864 viewers almost hitting 1k viewers Alhamdulillah..love you all.

So team Zainab or Zahid?