Chapter Fifty Nine: Minato Namikaze

Opening my eyes I find myself asleep on the old mans desk. Lifting my head from the desk, I rub my eyes tiredly. Looking in front of me I see a small cup of tea with a note. Picking up the note I examine the handwriting to be the old mans.

You fell asleep right as I finished the last of the paperwork. Good work, (Y/n), however I do expect you to make this a daily routine to help me with paperwork and duties of being a Hokage. There will be an exception when you are training with Jiraya, so don't worry. Enjoy the tea, and get a good nights rest.

Lord third.

Smiling as I read the note, I fold it back along the creases he made. Placing the note in my pocket I wrap my fingers around the still surprisingly warm, cup of tea. Lifting it to my lips, I drink the tea in a pleasant, and unannounced euphoria.

"You know Naruto, I think you have a second set of competition for Hokage. Me." Letting out my whisper of confidence, I place the cup back down on the table, all empty, standing up, I move behind the chair. My fingertips softly grazed against the top of the Hokage's chair silky smooth fabric as I gave a gentle push back in its place. Stepping away from the dark wooded desk, I turn and open the window behind me, and hop out with ease. Landing on the ground, I lift my head to look up at the shimmering stars. A smile tugging on my lips, I look back down, moving back to my house, only to stop as I reach my old wooden door. My eyes removing itself from my door, I stare at Naruto's, as I slowly placed my keys back in my pocket. Lifting my hand I bang on the door with my fist, wholeheartedly. "Naruto! Open up, I have something to tell you!" Hearing a bang on the floor, I let out a laugh as I hear feet scurry across the floor towards me. The door swinging open, Naruto looks up at me.

"Uh- (Y/n), what are you doing here? We have training in the morning, you should get some rest." Naruto mumbled as his eyelids barley stood open to look at me. Lifting my hand I give a nice ruffle on his penguin hat.

"This is important. Can I come inside for a little?" Naruto turning around, he leaves the door open for me to come inside. My hand falling off his head in the process I shake my head with a small laugh. Stepping into his house, I close the door behind me, taking my shoes off I step up and into his house, following him to his bedroom. Naruto sitting on his bed, he looks up at me curiously, his mind finally awoken and ready to hear what I had to say. "Naruto. I know you will become Hokage one day, however you have competition for the seat you have to beat first."

Naruto's blue eyes widen, a giant competitive grin spreads across his lips, "I know, Konohamaru! I'll be able to be Hokage one day, believe it!"

Smiling guiltily at him I place my hands on my hips, "now that is true. Though, I, myself, will also be desiring the title of Hokage." Naruto's eyes widen in shock at my words, his mouth hangs open in disbelief.

"Y-you want to be Hokage, (Y/n)?" Naruto asked shocked.

"You know, inside I always wanted to be Hokage, but I thought it could only be you. I'm not going to lie, I know that you know, I also have other dreams for myself. To bring people together in peace, to help those in need, be there for my friends. And I plan on still doing those things, but I've decided one of dreams need to stop, not the ones I've listed, but the title of Hokage, to be able to watch over every single person in this village that I care about. Which is the entire village, even people outside of it. I care about them all. To help the next generation of the leaf reach their full potential and surpass the last." Looking at Naruto I see him stare at me in amazement. "That is why, I want to be able to be Hokage. To rid hatred in this world, and create peace."

Naruto's shocked face turning into a competitive smile, he gives me a thumbs up, "(Y/n), I wish you all the best! You may even become Hokage before I do!" Smiling I let out a long laugh, moving I sit down next to Naruto, throwing an arm around his shoulders.