Chapter Tewenty One: You Pass

"Well, thank you for telling me so that doesn't happen again." Kakashi replied slickly staring at me in approval of my battle skills.

"Wait a minute you set it up with four people, but only three bells. If we work together and got the bells only two of us could keep them. That would lead to group conflict and the squad would break up." Sakura said thinking about the bell I had and the two left remaining on Kakashi sensei's belt.

"Exactly, I purposely pinned you against each other. I wanted to see if you could over come that, and put the squad ahead of yourselves. A genin should have a natural feel for team work, but with you it never even crossed your mind. Sakura, you obsessed about Sasuke while Naruto was right in front of you and you wouldn't even help him. When (Y/n) asked to team up with you to help Sasuke and Naruto as a team you immediately ran to look for Sasuke. And ignored that your team mate was right in front you. Naruto, you do everything on your own, everything. Same with you, when (Y/n) cut you down from that tree you ran off. And you Sasuke thought that the others were so far beneath you that they were worthless. Even though (Y/n) got you out of that jutsu I did, you kept ignoring her. Arrogance. Ninja missions are carried out in squads. Of course you need individual skills, but team work is the most essential element. Every shinobi understands this. When individuals put themselves above the squad. This can lead to failure and death. For example, Sakura kill Naruto now, or Sasuke dies." Kakashi said talking out a kunai and holding it to Sasuke's neck. "That's what would happen on a mission."

"Oh boy that was really scary," Sakura sighs, relived that it wasn't a real choice to make.
Twirling his kunai around his finger rapidly, Kakashi's eyes held great annoyance.

"The enemy takes a hostage and you've got an impossible choice, and someone ends up dead. On every mission your life is on the line." Kakashi finishes smoothly getting off of Sasuke and putting his kunai back in his pouch walking away to the K.I.A. stone. "Did you look at this stone? The names engraved in it? Their all ninja who are honored as heroes in are village."

"That's it, that's it, that's it! Now I know, I've deceived I'm gonna have my name engraved on that stone. I'm not going to live and die for nothing like a dog! I'm gonna be a hero, a hero!" Naruto yelled lifting his arms up and down as much as he could with the rope holding him against the log.

"They are, a.. special kind of hero." Replied Kakashi drawing his head up slowly looking at Naruto his eyes holding his hidden pain and guilt.

"Huh, what kind of heroes are they? Come on tell us!"Naruto yelled his arms still moving his eyes shutting with a smile. "Well, well?"

"There all K.I.A."

Hearing Naruto 'o' at Kakashi Sensei, I feel my fist twitch in anger. "That sounds real cool!"

"Naruto," I begin but Sakura finishes off for me with a strained face.

"It means killed in action, they all died."

"They died heroes though.." I add on silently so they can barley hear my voice. Taking a glance at Kakashi I see his eyes flicker with that unknown emotion.

I'll talk to him.. sometime soon.

"This is a memorial stone. The names of my closest friends are here," Kakashi says sadly and memorable looking at the stone. Turning his head to look over his shoulder to us he begins to speak again. "Alright, I'm going to give you one more chance, but I'm going to make it much harder on you. You'll only get three hours to get a bell. Eat lunch up now to build up strength, but Naruto doesn't get any. It's your punishment for breaking the rules and trying to eat by yourself. And if anyone tries to feed him, that person will immediately fail. I make the rules, you follow them. Got it?" Kakashi says standing in front of us darkly.