Chapter Thirty Four

Georgie's Point of View

It's been a few weeks since our accident. Luckily no one was too badly hurt. Just some bruises and scratches. I finally got my acceptance letter from the University of Florida and I can't wait to start!

"Hey Joey," I say walking up to him at his locker.

"Hey beautiful," he says and smiles at me.

"Guess what?" I ask.

"What?" He says.

"I got accepted into UF!" I say excitedly.

"Oh," he says.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm moving to L.A. after graduation, to work on my music," he says.

"We can make the long distance thing work," I say.

"Georgie you're going to be busy, I'm going to be busy. We're going to be too busy for each other. I'm sorry, but I think the best decision, in my eyes, is we break up," he says.

"What? Where is this coming from?" I ask. I'm completely stunned.

"I've been thinking about it ever since the accident, and I just don't see it working," he says.

"But you proposed," I say in utter shock.

"I was being optimistic," he says closing his locker. "I'm sorry, but I'm not what you need." He walks away and leaves me standing there completely heart broken.

Have you ever gotten everything you wanted in life, just for it to slip away? I found the perfect guy. My fiancé. And now he's not because of life. We knew this going in. He proposed. And now he just took it all away. How do people survive through this kind of thing? How do you survive your whole world crashing down around you?

To be continued.