Chapter Sixteen

Georgie's Point of View

The fact that me and Joey almost kissed is running through my head at a hundred miles a hour. Did I want to kiss him? And what was me kissing him when I was drunk about? Goodness, why can't I figure this out?

"Hey Georgette," Stone says walking in my room, and laying next to me in my bed.

"Um how did you get in here?" I ask pulling the covers closer to me, as I'm not wearing any pants.

"Colt let me in," he says getting under the covers.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"You and Joey almost kissed," he says.

I sigh, and lay back on my pillow. "Yeah," I say.

"Did you want to kiss him?" He asks.

"I don't know," I say. "He's Joey. He's my best friend."

"Think about it. Think about how he would do anything for you, or the way he looks at you," Stone says.

I begin to think about all of it. The way Joey has always been there for me, the way he looks at me like he can really see who I am, and the way he would protect me with his last breath if it came down to it.

"What promoted this visit?" I ask Stone with a laugh, as I come to a realization.

"My dad's drunk, and I don't wanna be there," he says.

"I'm sorry," I reply.

He shrugs. "Did you want to kiss Joey tonight Georgette? He asks.

I sigh. "Yes," I reply. "There was the day I found out about Jesse too. I wanted to kiss him then too."

I can see Stone smile even in the dark. "Good," he says.

I laugh, and lay down. "Goodnight," I say.

"Goodnight," he says.

I did. I wanted to kiss Joey, my best friend.

I wake up, and feel a heavy arm around me. I turn over and see Stone's mouth is open, and he's snoring. I also notice he's in nothing, but his boxers. I laugh. I shake him a little, and he wakes up.

"Where's your clothes?" I ask.

"I got hot," he says.

"Hey Georgie we need to talk," Joey says walking in my room, but stops when he sees me and Stone. "Oh sorry." He rushes out.

"Shit," Stone says and goes after him. I follow.

I catch up to Joey as he's walking out the door. "Joey nothing happened," I say.

"Why are you explaining yourself to me?" Joey asks. "We're just friends." He walks out and closes the door in my face.

"Fuck," I say and slap the door. Just when I realize that Joey is the guy I want, I fuck it up.

"I'll talk to him," Stone says.