Chapter Eleven

Joey's Point of View

I don't know how we ended up in the slammer. Well I mean I do, but I don't remember the cops showing up. All I do know is, if the drunk asshole singing Call Me Maybe in the cell next to us doesn't shut up, I'm going to lose it.

"Her and Colt will be here soon," Stone says as he sits back down next to me.

"At least Tommy and Andy got away," I say with a sigh.

I just know for a fact I'll have two black eyes now. Georgia is going to flip shit when she sees us. "What the hell even happened?" Stone asks with a laugh.

"That's a good question," Georgie says from the other side of the cell. Her arms are crossed, and she looks ready to kill.

"Hey," I say with a smile. Maybe it'll defuse the situation?

"You look like shit," she deadpans. I was wrong. Oh so wrong.

"Yeah," I say and press my lips into a tight smile.

"So what the hell did you idiots do this time?" She asks.

"Well," I begin. "You see we went to the bowling alley, and Jesse and his goons were there."

"Seriously Joey?" She says.

"He called you a slut, we started arguing, and then punched me. So, I tackled him and was beating his ass, and then his friends jumped in," I say.

"And I wasn't going to let him get jumped, so here we are," Stone says.

"What about Tommy and Andy?" She asks.

"They were able to get away, but they got involved too," I say.

She rolls her eyes, and sighs. "Sit tight," she says.

She walks over to the desk, and begins talking to the officer. I sigh, and try my best to asses my injures. Black eye, busted lip, and definitely some bruised ribs.

"It was fucking hilarious when he slid down the lane like a damn bowling ball," Stone laughs.

"It was," I say laughing. The officer unlocks the cell, and we stand up.

"You two are free to go, but don't let it happen again," he says as we walk out of the cell.

"Thanks man," Stone says as we rush out of there. We climb into the backseat of Colt's truck, and he looks at us through the rear view mirror.

"You two look like shit," he says.

"You should see the other guys," I say making Stone laugh.

"They were defending my honor apparently," Georgia says with a laugh, as Colt pulls out of the parking lot.

"Well thanks," Colt says.

"No problem big guy," Stone says, and pats Colt's shoulder.

"Where's Tommy and Andy?" He asks.

"Probably at Tommy's house," I answer.

"Well do y'all wanna stay the night, or should we drop y'all off?" Georgia asks.

"Please let us stay with you tonight. My mom is going to kill me, and I'd like to out it off as much as possible," I say.

Georgia laughs. "Alrighty."

We pull up to her house, and walk inside. "Make yourselves comfortable, and try not to get in any trouble," Georgia says with a laugh.

"Can't promise anything Georgette," Stone says with a smile. Even with a busted lip the dude looks like a damn movie star.

"I have a few t-shirts y'all can wear tomorrow," she says.

"Thanks Georgie. We owe you big," I say.

"Hell yeah you do. Goodnight," she says as she walks upstairs.

I flop down on the couch, and Stone leans back in the recliner. "Dude you've got to stop punching that dickbag," Stone says laugh.

I shrug my shoulders. "He started it."

"True," Stone says. "But daddy's money got him out of it."

"What a tool," I grumble.

"Aren't you still suspended?" Stone asks.

"Fuck. Yeah I forgot about that," I say.

"Just get Georgette to drop you off at my house on the way to school," he says closing his eyes.

"Yeah," I say drifting off to sleep.

I wake up to someone shaking me. "Get up loser," Georgie says.

"Hey I'm suspended," I say groggily, as I sit up.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," she says.

"Can you drop me off at Stone's house on the way?" I ask.

She sighs. "Now I have to drive. You definitely owe me," she says.

"I know. I promise I'll make it up to you," I say. I feel like such a terrible person.

She throws a shirt at Stone, and he wakes up. "What the hell," he says sleepily.

"Put that on, and get in the car," she says.

Stone takes his bloodied shirt from last night off, and puts on the one Georgie gave him. "What the fuck is a Garth Brooks?" Stone asks examining the shirt.

"He's a singer now shut up and get in the car," she says walking out the front door.

We pile into her Prius, and she heads towards Stone's house per his directions.

"I can't believe you gave me a country music t-shirt," Stone says with a scoff.

"I can't believe y'all got thrown in jail," Georgie retorts.

"Touché," Stone replies. She smirks at him, and makes a left into Stone's driveway.

"Catch ya after school Joey," she says as I get out of the car.

"See you two later," I say shutting the door. They leave, and head down the road. I walk over to my car, and get in. My mom is going to kill me when I get home.

I walk through the door, and luckily for me my mom isn't home. She must have got called in to work. I walk in my room, and lay down on my bed. Every move I make hurts like hell.

I stare at my ceiling. The events of the weekend play out through my brain like an old black and white movie. It's going to be one long, and sore week. I hate school, but at least it was something to do.

I sigh. It's worth it though. She's worth every bruise and cut that bastard gave me. Every bruised and bloody knuckle is worth it in my book. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if it meant I was protecting her.