Chapter Fourteen

Georgie's Point of View

Tonight is the night of the Battle of the Bands, and I'm so excited for the guys. They've been working hard all week, and they sound amazing! Me and the girls decided to ditch school after lunch to get prepared for tonight.

"I'm so nervous for the guys tonight," Eileen says as we walk around the mall.

"I'm not, they're going to kill it," I say with a smile. Indigo may be good, but OceanEyes is amazing.

"You really are the perfect manager Gia," Carmen laughs.

"That! I should wear that!" Wendy says as she makes a beeline into Forever21. She rushes past some poor unsuspecting woman browsing, almost knocking her over. It's a sparkly black dress. She pays for it, as we laugh at the whole scene.

"That was comical," I say and shaking my head.

"You can never have too many little black dresses," Wendy says with a smile and a hair flip, making us laugh even harder.

When we get to the conference center for the competition there's a bunch of people either just hanging out, or preparing for the competition. I sigh. "Wow there's a bunch of people," I say.

There's an odd chill in the air, so I slip on Joey's leather jacket that I nabbed from him this morning. "Nice jacket," Wendy teases.

I roll my eyes. "Thanks," I say. We walk towards the conference center, and find our booth number.

"Right here," Eileen says and sets down a box of t-shirts we had made.

"Right by the entrance. Perfect," I say. We begin setting everything up. T-shirts, CDs, you name it we made it.

"What time is it?" Carmen asks.

"Six," Eileen replied as her and Wendy hangs up the OceanEyes banner we had made.

"The guys should be getting here soon," I say.

"OceanEyes huh? You guys sure are prettier than in your videos," a voice says from behind me. I turn around to see the band Indigo. Our biggest competition.

"Well if you've seen the videos then you know we're not them," Wendy says with a smile.

The lead singer, Clay, smiles and looks me up and down. "Definitely not." He winks at me, and I roll my eyes.

He sticks out his hand. "Clay Tyler, lead singer of the winning band tonight," he says with a smile.

I look at his hand, but don't shake it. He laughs and pulls it back. "I like you," he says and winks. The other two are suppressing laughs.

"Get lost would ya," Eileen says.

"Not until you tell me your name," Clay says to me.

"If she wanted you to know her name she would've said it already," Joey says walking up beside me. I mentally thank him.

Clay laughs. "Okay dude no need to be a dick," he says.

"Then don't harass our team," Stone says glaring at him.

"You mean your cheerleaders?" Clay retorts.