Chapter Twenty Eight

Georgie's Point of View

I sit down at the lunch table, and wait for everyone to sit down. Joey is coming over for dinner tonight, so I can finally introduce him to my mom as my boyfriend. Stone sits down across from me and smiles.

"Hey Georgette," he says.

"Hey Stoney," I say. "About yesterday."

"Let's just be friends, and pretend you know nothing," he says.

"Stone I can't do that. Are you okay?" I ask.

"I will be. Don't you worry about me. I'm tough," he says.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. I feel terrible that he's in so much pain because of me.

"Georgette you'll never ever have to apologize to me for doing what you want. I support one hundred percent. I think you and Jj are meant to be together. I'm not gonna be the guy who stands in the way of that," he explains.

I smile. "I don't deserve you," I say.

"You deserve every good thing that happens to you Georgia Collins. Don't ever forget that," he says with a smile.

Everyone else finally sits down, and we're back to normal. "I'm so glad we're all together again," Lena says.

"Me too. It was so hard trying to make time for you girls and Tommy," Carmen says.

"I'm glad Jj and Gia are finally done being stupid and are together again," Wendy says.

"Always a delight Wendy," I say making everyone laugh.

She sighs. "I know it was the right thing blah blah blah, but I'm glad it's over," she says.

"How's therapy going Georgia?" Tommy asks.

"It's going good," I reply. "I have a session after school today."

"Do you need a ride?" Joey asks.

"Well Stone has been taking me, so I guess not," I say.

"Oh okay," Joey says. I can tell he's disappointed.

"You know what I have to stay after school, so you can take her man," Stone says.

"We're friends right?" I ask him.

"Of course," he says.

"You've been taking me, so you're going to take me today," I say looking between him and Joey. Daring one of them to protest.

"Sounds like a plan darling," Joey says. "I'll pick you up?"

"Okay," I tell him.

"Are we missing something?" Wendy asks.

"Yeah you guys are being weird," Andy says.

"Everything's fine," I say.

"Yeah and I'm passing calculus," Wendy says.