Chapter Twenty Six

Georgie's Point of View

Joey takes my and in his, and we stand up. "I'm being so selfish," he says as we walk back towards the main part of the school.

"How so?" I ask.

"I'm just worried that I'll mess up again, and I'm thinking I should just let you move on because I suck, but I just I've wanted this for so long, and I don't want to let you go again," he says.

I smile at him. "Joey you're not the only one who messed up. I should have listened to you in the hallway. I should have trusted you, but I didn't. I let what happened with me and Jesse cloud my judgement. I chose to go out with Clay that night. I let him kiss me that night, but when he wanted to have sex I told him no because you came into my mind," I tell him.

He squeezes my hand. "I hate him. I hope he rots underneath that fucking prison," he seethes.

"I just feel sorry for him," I say with a shrug. Joey looks at me confused. "I feel sorry for him that his ego got in the way of him being a decent human being. I feel sorry for him that he has to resort to something so evil. I just feel sorry for him."

Joey puts his arm around me as we walk into the main hallway. "You're a better person than I'll ever be Georgie," he says.

"Hey Gia," Olive says looking between Joey and me.

"Really not in the fucking mood for it today Olive," Joey snaps. I laugh as Olive rolls her eyes.

"Hey Olive," I say. Joey looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm glad you two made up. Seeing you two walking around moping about, it was getting really annoying," she says.

I smile. "Thanks Olive," I say.

"I also need to ask a favor," she says.

"Depends on what it is," I say.

"Do you mind testifying against Jesse?" She asks.

"What?" I ask. I'm shocked.

"My lawyer said it would strengthen my case and," I cut her off.

"Absolutely. I'll be there. Just tell me when," I assure her.

She gives me a tight lipped smile. "Ill uh text you," she says.

"Okay," I tell her.

"Good luck with Clay. I hope they fry that bastard," she says and walks away.

"What the fuck was that?" Joey asks.

"I also realized over those two months that me and Olive understand each other a lot more than I originally thought was possibly," I say.

He laughs. "You're going to have to explain that to me," he says.

"Don't worry honey, I will," I say. "We have a lot of catching up to do." I emphasize the word a lot as we head towards our class.

***^^***

I walk out of the school, and scan the parking lot for Joey. I see him leaning up against his car. The wind blows through his curly locks, and his arms are crossed over his chest. He looks up and we lock eyes. He smiles at me. I smile back at him.